What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another logo

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
something about me would more likely want the guy to be facing right, not left, but it's personal preference :) it still looks awesome

revnart

Power User
Yes, I think this is corresponding to how you read.. From left to right.. If you think about road signs it's alright because pediatstrians (don't know is that a correct word [emoji14] ) walk in front of a car from right side usually.

I think that's probably how they are in the U.S., too. For some reason, when I first sketched out this design, I imagined him walking left, because (for some weird reason) that seems "forward" to me. Maybe because I'm sinistral.

revnart

Power User
But on the other hand I can't remember any 2d game where you were walking left.. Even Mario who always walks forward - walks right.. Or Contra.. :)

It is a difference between earning money with a logo or discussing it in a forum.
What I mean is: You designed a logo, got your money, everybody was happy. Nobody complained. Mission accomplished. You can be proud.

Tom Mann

Guru
Since the logo was placed on the (viewer's) right side of the T-shirt (ie, on the left side of the person's body), having the figure walking to (viewer's) right would have him walking away from the mid-line of the torso. I prefer him walking in the direction AgentM did it: Towards the mid-line of the body. This is analogous to the old photography maxim to have people walking into your frame, not out of it.

T

It is a difference between earning money with a logo or discussing it in a forum.
What I mean is: You designed a logo, got your money, everybody was happy. Nobody complained. Mission accomplished. You can be proud.

Tragically, I didn't get any money, since I work for this organization. They had a contest among employees, and I won. My only consolation is that 20 people voted, and it was unanimous.