What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AX promotion

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey, TechM, the first thing I noticed is that your poster is only 1300 pixels wide. Considering that it contains a lot of non-vector content (eg, all of the logos, quite a few lines of text that unfortunately have already been rasterized text, etc.), the poster is going to have lots of fuzzy areas if it's printed to the 18x24" size you specified. In addition, I would comment that 18x24" is *tiny* for a display at an expo. People will have to approach it to within 3 or 4 feet to be able read everything, to have the qr code be readable by a cell phone, etc.

I would suggest printing it to at least 3 x 4 feet, and possibly larger. Since parts of the poster will look fuzzy at 18x24, you can imagine how *really* fuzzy they will be at a larger size.

Also, one of the main fonts you used, MODERNART, is not part of Adobe's Typekit, and a quick search didn't turn up anything. Can you tell us where you got it? Are you married to its use?

Can you supply the various logos in either vector form or as a bitmap, but at a much higher resolution?

My take on the situation is that at the very minimum, 2 or 3 hours of work needs to be done, more if you can't supply some of the bits and pieces in a suitable form/resolution. Personally, I would start from scratch, including a complete redesign.

FYI, this is not something I would be interested in doing. However, you might want to consider putting a notice in our fee-for-hire section. Read the guidelines (sticky to the top of that section), write something up, and I'm sure you will get more interest.

Best regards,

Tom M

TechMansoor

I will consider putting it in the fee for hire section Tom. I really appreciate all of your help sir.

Tom Mann

Guru
As an idea about how you might go about re-organizing and simplifying the content, maybe something along these lines ... a very quick-and-dirty example...

Tom M

PS - BTW, to put it into the fee-for-service section, you have to compose and post a new notice yourself

Attachments

• AXSignRevised-FINAL-tjm01-ps01a-01.jpg
    AXSignRevised-FINAL-tjm01-ps01a-01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3