What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AX promotion

TechMansoor

Guys this sign will be at the center piece of my table in which I will be exhibitor showcasing my startup.

Can you awesome guys/gals give me a suggestion or two to really make this sign POP when people walk by. I want people to definitely stop at my table upon seeing this sign. Well, at least this will be one of the things that'll be at the forefront. I will also be looping a would be commercial and have other materials there. But let me know everyone. Tomorrow, I take it into kinkos to have it printed and signed up. :)AXSign.pngView attachment AXSign.psd

Ive attached the .psd as well. Thank you guys so much for your help! I sincerely mean that!!

TechMansoor

I'd prefer to the team to be honest. Anything that is a conversation piece while looking tastefully done is Super +! :) You would suggest a more simplified look?

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Tech - I'm going to be blunt with you. If I were walking through an exhibit hall and I saw that sign, I wouldn't even slow down. There are likely to be many other individuals and companies in the exhibit all competing for my attention. From your sign:

a) I can't even tell the nature of your business (eg, graphic design, printing, consulting, member of one of the groups listed, or maybe something else).

b) I can't tell whether the text, logos, and other graphics that you displayed were ones that you designed, companies or groups that you are affiliated with, or represent something else (eg, "Trust me, I can make logos that are just as good as these").

c) I can't tell the name of your startup company. In fact, I can't even tell what your name is.

d) If I don't have time to stop, but want to contact you, there is no email address or website listed. I don't even know what country you are from, what languages you speak, etc.

If, in one quick glance, I can't immediately see answers to the above ultra basic items, you just lost me as a potential customer and have given an impression of being either very new at exhibits or simply disorganized.

No, I don't care if all this info + more is available on a handout or on a business card that may be laying on the table, or on a banner above your booth -- I also want to see this info on your "centerpiece" sign. I may want to take a quick picture of it with my cell phone and move on because maybe I don't have the time to enter into conversation with you at the moment ... or ... maybe you may have left the table for a moment and there's no one there to answer my questions.

So, my recommendations are (1) add the info given above, and (b) simplify it - it's much, much too busy and seemingly disorganized.

HTH,

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does AX stand for anime expo? What does A. U. W. stand for?

Paul

Former Member
Does AX stand for anime expo? What does A. U. W. stand for?

To me Sam A.U.W. means all up weight - it is to do with remote control aircraft and the flight weights inclusive of any batteries:mrgreen:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
To me Sam A.U.W. means all up weight - it is to do with remote control aircraft and the flight weights inclusive of any batteries:mrgreen:
Could be Paul. Not sure what that has to do with the anime stuff.

Paul

Former Member
Nor me, maybe they are making anime inspired drones?:mrgreen:

TechMansoor

Hi Tech - I'm going to be blunt with you. If I were walking through an exhibit hall and I saw that sign, I wouldn't even slow down. There are likely to be many other individuals and companies in the exhibit all competing for my attention. From your sign:

a) I can't even tell the nature of your business (eg, graphic design, printing, consulting, member of one of the groups listed, or maybe something else).

b) I can't tell whether the text, logos, and other graphics that you displayed were ones that you designed, companies or groups that you are affiliated with, or represent something else (eg, "Trust me, I can make logos that are just as good as these").

c) I can't tell the name of your startup company. In fact, I can't even tell what your name is.

d) If I don't have time to stop, but want to contact you, there is no email address or website listed. I don't even know what country you are from, what languages you speak, etc.

If, in one quick glance, I can't immediately see answers to the above ultra basic items, you just lost me as a potential customer and have given an impression of being either very new at exhibits or simply disorganized.

No, I don't care if all this info + more is available on a handout or on a business card that may be laying on the table, or on a banner above your booth -- I also want to see this info on your "centerpiece" sign. I may want to take a quick picture of it with my cell phone and move on because maybe I don't have the time to enter into conversation with you at the moment ... or ... maybe you may have left the table for a moment and there's no one there to answer my questions.

So, my recommendations are (1) add the info given above, and (b) simplify it - it's much, much too busy and seemingly disorganized.

HTH,

Tom M

I really appreciate the constructive criticism sir! I sincerely do. I will take in consideration a few of thing things you mentioned indeed.

Thanks again!!

Paul

Former Member
So what are you peddling my friend or is it a secret?

TechMansoor

So what are you peddling my friend or is it a secret?
Not peddling(derogatory) anything sir. A.U.W is a gaming community that will have courses to make gamers better. Without going too indepth its a gaming community being cultivated from the ground up! Attempting something extremely unique as what we're doing, no other gaming community has. Indeed Tom, gave me the kick in the nuts I needed in spotting out a glaring oversight on this promotional item. Indeed, I'm just about through with the redesign but I don't like it as my skills with photoshop are limited. Ive done some of his recommendations, but in the words of Jordan Belfort, by giving out too much information too fast, I hope I haven't fired off my best load. But with the redesign, you do know what we're about simply by glancing.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks TM. Did you miss my question about AX? Does that stand for Anime Expo?

Tom Mann

Guru
Hey, Tech, glad to have been of some help. Good luck on your redesign and with your business venture!

Also, don't mind Paul, he's the greatest guy with a great but sometimes off-the-wall choice of words. Then again, he's an Aussie, so we can't hold that against him, LOL. :rofl: :rofl:

Best regards,

Tom M

PS - We tease each other a lot on this forum. :)

TechMansoor

Hey, Tech, glad to have been of some help. Good luck on your redesign and with your business venture!

Also, don't mind Paul, he's the greatest guy with a great but sometimes off-the-wall choice of words. Then again, he's an Aussie, so we can't hold that against him, LOL. :rofl: :rofl:

Best regards,

Tom M

I hear ya. Yeah this community is the best I've ever been apart of. Almost everyone is a pro! Tomm sir, I hope its OK, but I'm messaging you here shortly to get your thoughts and see if you can maybe help me out. For a fee of course.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ax=Anime Expo indeed sir. :)

Thanks! I thought that's what it was but I really wasn't sure. I think your in great hands with Tom. I really didn't have much to add to what he stated. I was a bit confused about the A.U.W and it's meaning. I know that you stated it was a gaming community but I still don't know what it stands for literally. You might consider placing the actual name on your poster instead of the letters in order to avoid confusion.

Good luck!

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Tech - In case you haven't seen my response to your private message, thank you very much for your vote of confidence, but don't worry about payment. If your requests cross the line from friendly on-line help to consulting, I'll definitely let you know, LOL.

It's late here and I've got to go to bed soon, so my suggestion is for you to post your latest version of the poster here in the thread, and let some of our other expert members (many of whom are in other time zones) give you their opinions, and I'll join back in the discussion tomorrow.

Best regards,

Tom M

PS - I couldn't resist taking a quick look at your file, and the first thing that crossed my mind was that it had a bit of the "ransom note" effect (Google the nice wikipedia article and other discussions of this, incl. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransom_note_effect ). "Night.

Paul

Former Member

Best regards,

Tom M

Actually German Tom, raised in the UK now living out the remainder of my wonderful life here in Australia:mrgreen:

TechMansoor

Guys this is what I'm going with unless you guys can offer some quick suggestions and constructive ones. I can allocate $10 for edits if anyone wants to take a wack at it. If you redo everything, just make sure it conveys the same message. Its 1:00am my time. I got until 12:00pm before I have to sign off on this project.

If the admin wants to move this thread that should be fine.View attachment AXSignRevised2.psd

Thanks.

TechMansoor

OK. So I've got to go ahead and pull the trigger on this. This is my personal final revision. My skills are not great as you guys can see but thats why I come to this community. This community is better than the ubuntu and MS community which actually says a lot. "IamSam" is clearly the man and I've had some help from some great individuals here so I do value you guys opinion. Tom, absolutely kicked me in the nuts last night in which it was flawless advice. But Ive got to pull the trigger on this By tomorrow morning. If any of you guys are heavily into Anime and will be attending AX, please stop by my booth and intro yourself. I'd love to meet.

In any case.. here goes the justification of what I've done and this graphics and mainly what I'm attempting to do..

AXSignRevised-FINAL.png

So, I've got the focal point as animebusters clearly now. I've got what what we cover at the top and mentions the main product we will be selling which is a membership to our gaming community/club starting next week actually. The center piece, albeit it will not be the only central piece on the table showcasing the startup/products, is very busy as someone mentioned. I want to say "cluttered" more so in a sense and in being direct. But, in me studying marketing, you've got to attack your niche via multiple angels and that's exactly what I attempted to do. This design is very busy, would be cluttered, but it is an eye buffet for kids,teens, and adults slowly passing through a cramped exhibit hall. The display, unlike before, has multiple avenues to the main site including a qr code to the membership site! I honestly dont know what i was thinking with the original design i posted and paid for actually in having printed(complete waste - freaking idiot!!)!!! I was just too much in a haste and I still am actually.

So....

I'd love for one of you guys to message me and say you can do this display, 18 x 24, better! If one of you brilliant gents/gals can pull of a better display I'd gladly pay you for it as we can talk price. I can hand over the current psd and any supporting files you all may need.

Thanks a million for any help and or current constructive critique you guys may offer!!