What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to improve?

fotograffiti

Power User
This car, I saw for real a few days ago. Yes, with a "Just Married" sticker on the back.
So I wanted to play with it.

I'm not sure if it is any good, so please, suggestions welcome (no edits though, I want to keep it my work, thanks)
(I didn't add a shadow for the penguin, as I was not sure where it would go.) Are the proportions right or off?

just-married.jpg

just-married chrisdesign.jpg

I would go for a look like this. (An image is worth a thousand words).
Much more contrast and color. Like sunny in the foreground and dark in the BG.
The car should be on some road with tire tracks to look believable.
Under the car you have to paint a shadow. The same for the man and woman.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I think how you want to compose the positions is up to you - though I like chiris's edit too -, but I do agree that the people, the woman especially seems to be floating.

The lack of shadow on the penguin is OK. The light is coming from the left though, so the guy's shadow should go around about 65 degrees, and it could be improved by having it follow the curves of the snow banks. You can do that with a displacement map, but I find that those are unreliable, so I personally prefer to do it myself.

As for proportions, I think the woman should be a tad (what is a tad?) smaller because she is distanced and currently looks taller than the guy.

Would you consider desaturating the people a bit and adding a bluish tinge in order to make the bright red car really stand out?

Overall, it's a very cool (pun intended) image idea.

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Some great advice guys, hope you can work it all out Foto.
Can't wait to see if you take it all on board and show us how you get on mate.