What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
:rofl:

Good one...

I'll show you the man's front side so you'll understand why he's walking the path...

blind-cartoon.jpg

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Pretty good again Eggy!

Just one question....why the lighter rectangle on the pavement?

Regards.
MrToM.

EDIT:
Scrap that...I see why now....DOH!

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
I wear glasses?

That would explain everything! :rofl:

Regards.
MrBlind.

Great idea Eggy... and a wonderful creation again.

Still I suggest a few minor adjustments.
I have the feeling that the streetsign is leaning to the right. I corrected that.
I also corrected the perspective of the oneway sign a little.

Into The Light.jpg
I hope you don't mind.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
chrisdesign

Thank you for your observations Chris. You took a really good look at the picture.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure I agree completely.

perspective Eggy.jpg

This is my version. You'll see that the streetsignpole stands perfectly vertical. I put a guideline on it.
During the making off I had a layer with lines to correct my perspective. Clearly I ommitted to follow it to the letter because the right upper corner of the 'one way' sign isn't in place. (I'll correct that)
The horizontal guideline being the 'horizon' and the intersection with the right vertical guideline being the vanishing point

I did the same with your version

perspective Chris.jpg

The bottom side of the 'one way' sign and the top side of the lights do not seem to converge in the vanishing point.
And the streetsign/lightpole does seem to lean to the left now and the vertical guideline proves it.

And Chris, I do not mind you making alterations to the picture. It has a purpose.

Any suggestions?
Please everybody, feel free to comment.

:confused:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Eggy, actually Chis is right about the sign, but off with the pole.

Your version's sign perspective is off. Let me see if I can visually explain....
Your second vanishing point is way above the horizon line (red dot).
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 6.29.11 AM.png

Here's your version with the corrected orthogonal lines with the vanishing point on the horizon.
Note the top of your sign is off.
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 6.31.26 AM.png

This is chris's version. Sign is correct, pole is not vertical.
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 6.33.42 AM.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sure.

I also suspect that the right hand vanishing point should be even further to the right as perspective is relevant to the entire image.

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 7.20.48 AM.png

Based on the angle of the rooftop, this is probably a more accurate depiction of the right hand vanishing point.
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 7.27.17 AM.png

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Very understandebly explaination Sam, thanks for that.

But still I mentionned in my previous post that I needed to correct the perspective of the sign by lifting the upper right corner.
I did put a green circle around that corner with an upward arrow.

perspective Eggy.jpg

Well, now I lifted that corner and in my opinion the perspective is correct now.

perspective Eggy Corrected sign perspective.jpg

In Chris' version there's another thing that bothers me is the angle of the bottom of the 'one way' sign and the top of the pedestrian light.
If you look closely that doesn't look correct to me in comparison with my version (No offence Chris! We're just discussing on an issue!)

chrisdesign angle.jpg eggy angle.jpg

Our vanishing points are not on the same spot but I assume that is possible?

Am I making any sense?

Oeps, missed your previous post cause I was working on mine...

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Eggy, your doing everything correct, you just have the right hand side vanishing point too close to the sign, it needs to be further to the right.

I think your right about the pedestrian light in chris' version. I was more focused on the sign, so I didn't scrutinize the light.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
IamSam

Indeed Sam, the right hand vanishing point will never be situated inside the existing picture:

perspective test 01.jpg

perspective test 02.jpg

Again, thanks for your crash course.

:thumbsup:

MrToM

Guru
Not sure how you did it but you got the white line spot on.

I agree with Sam, the right hand VP should be way further to the right...even more so than Sam indicated...I think.

It matches in with your existing image virtually 100%.

image_alignments_MT_01.jpg

The road sign should follow suit....if, and only if, the sign is actually at 90° to the road....which everyone seems to have assumed so far.

Just my 2¢.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
MrToM

You're absolutely right about the VP the way you explained it if you want to match the, ...white line...
On that one I had no choice. I had to follow the alignment of the cobbles and because I did not altered (stretching) the base image all proportions remained intact.
Based on this I can now define my right VP and adjust the sign and light perspective.

white line snap.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As we know your VP for your original sign is just a bit off. We know this because we recreated the orthogonal lines representing the images VP's based on the lines we can see in the image.
As seen here, point A needs to be originating at point B in order to correct the sign and the pedestrian light's perspective.
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 11.00.30 AM.png

So, use your Pen tool to create new orthogonal lines originating at point B (yellow).
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 11.02.31 AM.png

Now you can more or less visualize where and how the sign should be maniped.
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 11.02.57 AM.png

I have been following this thread with interest.

Many details could be clarified in terms of image perspective in eggys composite.
Many thanks to all who helped to find solutions in this difficult task.:thumbsup: