What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Hey guys

I found these three pieces on my old hard disk... I was just about starting to look at 3d at this point, I screwed myself over with this one as the module after this would've fit perfectly with these images XD having said that, the module later got me into 3D, sooo. :p

anyway, they're just some photobashes, but they look very rushed, primarily because they were rushed, I missed out a lot of college due to operations that year, and had to quickly catch up, so apologies if you see a few artifacts here and there.

eagle2_by_zeealex-d9c2u2p.jpg

lioness_by_zeealex-d9c2uge.png

the_keeper_by_zeealex-d9c2urp.jpg

anyway, I'll leave you to look, feel free to drop a comment and ask questions if I remember the answer, I'll let hand it up :)

Attachments

• eagle2_by_zeealex-d9c2u2p.jpg
    eagle2_by_zeealex-d9c2u2p.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 3
  • lioness_by_zeealex-d9c2uge.png
    lioness_by_zeealex-d9c2uge.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
If I'm not mistaken, I think you posted the hawk image some time back and I mean wayyyyy back... lol .

Nonetheless, they look good. Reminds me of something chrisdesign would kitbash into a delightful steampunk style render.

Revisit this old project of yours for future inspiration.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
oh yeah, I must've forgotten about it... whoopsie! sorry!

I use photobashing now in uni, apparently it's almost standard practice these days for concept art, so that module at college has definitely helped out!
I'm a wee bit out of practice though, chrisdesign's are much MUCH better and more refined than mine could ever be :p

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'm a wee bit out of practice though, chrisdesign's are much MUCH better and more refined than mine could ever be :p

One has to start somewhere. I'm sure it took @chrisdesign time to perfect what he does through a lot of trial and error. And I won't be surprised if he and others who manipulate images still goes through the T&E process to this day..... with a lot of patience and perseverance.

In my work I do not use 3D software at all, just Photoshop thats is all.
In a way I learnt a lot more since I'm retired and honed my PS skills with my many steampunk projects I posted here.
In most of my fantasy jobs there are over 50 hours of work in it. Especially young people can't understand why I do this.
Many of them believe in the "magic button" for Photoshop work. It's extremely hard to explain the 3 P's to them.
And yes dv8_fx, the trial and error way of working is still my daily companion, even after 22 years of PS experience.

BTW, do you know https://www.behance.net.
Here you see the most incredible work you can imagine, though most of them are professionals.

Regards
Chris

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I used photoshop purely for these three, I just said this was a short time prior to me looking into 3D work :)

Like I said, these were rushed because I was being rushed, a couples of long term members here have seen what happens when I do have time :)
But yeah, a lot of people, including sometimes myself try to find shortcuts and it doesn't normally work out.

Trial and error is HOW PS should be learned XD

Last edited: