What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summer Bubble

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I think the dome should be rounder and softer at the edges.
People inside or outside of it can only see it, if they see a reflection. Therefore reflections are very important in the image.
A thunderstorm outside should be of dark blueish colors and the inside of warm golden colors.
I tried this by doing some adjustments to your image. Hope you don't mind Eggy.

No Chris, I don't mind at all.
I agree with you that the bubble should be rounder. I can fix that.
Make the edge softer, I don't know. Maybe the outer edge but certainly not the part where the edge is touching ground. That edge should be crisp.
Reflections are the base for the creation of an illusion of a dome or bubble, no argument there.
But in your adjustement the part that I refer as the 'red zone' (cfr examples of Sam) is still way too much saturated.
We see it trough two 'panels' of glass and the outside of the bubble is quit much desaturated due to darkness.

plan.jpg

So we won't see much details or color.
The light inside the bubble and the distance makes the parts futher away a bit hazy.

I know there's no need to over analyze a composition and artistic freedom is allowed but the physics must be right.

Well, I'll post my latest update and please, do comment because I really need your comments.
But after two days staring at the same project and messing up my original PSD file, I'll give it a rest (for a few days).

summer bubble.jpg

Last edited: