What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Golden Tree

Only once a year the golden tree blooms at night in this fantasy story. It has the power to heal diseases in humans and animals.
That is why the locals use this opportunity to make a pilgrimage to the tree in order to benefit from the magical powers.

Destiny would have it that my daughter with her stallion "Melchior van de Oostwal" visited befriended Tuaregs in this area between Agadez and Tamanrasset.
On their journey through the Sahara, they were able to experience this unique spectacle.

This is the 3rd fantasy composite in my "Golden Series".

Critique is welcome.

Used images PSG.jpg
I used these images...

Golden Tree PSG.jpg
...to complete this image.

Paul

Former Member
I love the way you made the trees shadow arch over the raised ground, detail is everything nice one Chris.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Nice one Chris.
Crisp as always.
Maybe a bit too crisp. You might consider playing more with light and shadows.
In this composition the light is coming from the right. Still the horse and woman are lit evenly.
To illustrate what I mean I'am added a modified version your composition. I hope you don't mind me messing with it...

Golden%20Tree%20PSG-02.jpgGolden%20Tree%20PSG.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Eggy for your suggestion about the lighting situation. I's much appreciated.
I'll have to work some more on the image, that's for sure.

And Happy Birthday Eggy...welcome to the Club of oldies.

Last edited:
I love the way you made the trees shadow arch over the raised ground, detail is everything nice one Chris.

Thank you very much for your feedback Paul. I appreciate it.
The shadow you mentioned is actually the one in the original image.
It's more of a coincidence that it looks a bit enhanced, maybe because the final image is a lot darker.
Though nice finding this little detail Paul.