What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goth Girl

Confestium

Looks amazing, how was this achieved? Is it a composition done in Ps or was there a 3d program involved?

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks All...

Yes this is a combination of 3d taken in to Photoshop and finished off with some cobwebs, smoke, dodging and burning, darkening and brightening some areas , and then changing colors and some filters added as well as a bit of extra painting on the hair.

I was thinking of doing some make up on the face, but thought it might look a bit too Halloween just for a goth girl, but might try it out just to see what it looks like.

Thanks all.

This is an interesting way to do a composite. Quite nicely done.
But for my taste these 3D game characters all look very artificial and lifeless. Once animated in a game, they look a lot better.
But maybe this is just me?

peta62

Guru
.....But for my taste these 3D game characters all look very artificial and lifeless. Once animated in a game, they look a lot better.
But maybe this is just me?

I totally agree, this one of the ways our brain plays with us. I think they do some things like too large eyes, texture-less skin, which are not so apparent when the "person" moves.

inkpad.t

Guru
I agree with you on the look of being lifeless in some cases, The model i used was an older version, they have a relay good just out model now of both man and women that is relay realistic including skin textures, the morphing that also comes with the new models allows more control over the overall look and fell, Unfortunately I can not afford the new models so have to work with the older ones, they have produced skin textures that you can update with the older models, but again you have to pay for them, it can cost a fortune.

I am new to doing the 3d stuff which i do with Daz Studio, I am practicing with using existing morphing and skin textures to get to more realistic look.

I am also doing skin painting at the moment which i can do on the older models to make them more realistic.

Thanks for the comments all.

gedstar

Guru
Have to say I really like that, it's the eerie feel about it that I really like. Nice job :thumbsup: