What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steampunk Exploration Vehicle

Argos

Guru
really and awesome job, as personal opinion only i would change the skeleton head and background, i dont think them blend well with the tematic of the car.

The car i love it :thumbsup:.

Cheers!!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
You're always taking it up a notch, aren't you chris.... How fast does she go? Hope the android doesn't get sucked in by that evil looking turbine behind it... lol.

I'm not yet fully knowledgeable with the assets of pixelsquid that you've used here but they all look well used in this creation.

I don't mind the skull... but it's the telescopes on both sides most especially the one on far right of the vehicle. What's holding it in position? Unless it's that bracket looking shape partly obscured by the skull...

All in all, that's one behemoth of an exploration vehicle.....

PS... am still looking for something that may have been overlooked. Not taking any chances after that last one where we missed a glaring error right in front of us.... :cheesygrin:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Very nice and crisp work Chris.
:thumbsup:
But I agree with Argos about the background.
The crisp vehicle clashes with the blurry busy background. The vehicle is very detailed and I think a more neutral background will do better.
And I would try to add some motion blur to the wheels to accentuate the 'motion'.
Just my opinion.

You're always taking it up a notch, aren't you chris.... How fast does she go? Hope the android doesn't get sucked in by that evil looking turbine behind it... lol.

I'm not yet fully knowledgeable with the assets of pixelsquid that you've used here but they all look well used in this creation.

I don't mind the skull... but it's the telescopes on both sides most especially the one on far right of the vehicle. What's holding it in position? Unless it's that bracket looking shape partly obscured by the skull...

All in all, that's one behemoth of an exploration vehicle.....

PS... am still looking for something that may have been overlooked. Not taking any chances after that last one where we missed a glaring error right in front of us.... :cheesygrin:

Thanks for your comment dv8_fx...allways much appreciated.
Those telescopes are mounted on Chewbacca's bowcaster.
See here at the beginning of the composite.

Vintage Car2 Chewbacca bowcaster.jpg

Argos

Guru
I am going to be a little bit fussy, but i dont think look better, make more sense... yes it does, but the background is a little ugly(the photo), to much brown everywhere and the background being day light make the car dont pop up like the first one. I seeing this car in a dark night london city sherlock style or american independent war scene or city.

Or maybe i have a bad day and i'm wrong i dont know.:cheesygrin:

I am going to be a little bit fussy, but i dont think look better, make more sense... yes it does, but the background is a little ugly(the photo), to much brown everywhere and the background being day light make the car dont pop up like the first one. I seeing this car in a dark night london city sherlock style or american independent war scene or city.

Or maybe i have a bad day and i'm wrong i dont know.:cheesygrin:

Hi Argos

I did another version with a dark alley background, like you suggested in your comment.

Steampunk Exploration Vehicle Dark Alley.jpg

Argos

Guru
I like it more that way :thumbsup:, but the important think was the amazing work on the car, i am a little affraid seeing your creative and assembling skills, hard to match for the droid challenge :yourock:.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Not bad Chris but I liked the previous one more.
The car is bright and shiny while the surrounding is a night scene...

Thanks Argos for your kind words.

And don't worry about the droid challenge. I made a simple one with 3D tools.

Argos

Guru

I wanted to say that the background miss some city lamppost lights, but i dont wanna be to annoying with the background when the important was the car as i said :biglaff:

Thanks for your response Eggy. You got a point there.
I just like shiny things, I guess you know that by now. So the lighting of the vehicle is ok for me. Can't change it anyway.
So just imagine there is a bright lit main road at the end of the alley just on the left side of the image.

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I just like shiny things, I guess you know that by now.

I know you do like that Chris and there's nothing wrong with that but what I meant was to make the vehicle more blend in with the background.
For instance I did apply an adjustment layer 'color lookup' and choose 'moonlight. There's automaticly a layer mask where, with a soft brush set at 20 %, you can brush away the parts you want to be shiny.
I hope you don't mind, just something like this:

Untitled-1.jpg

I had to apply it over the whole image but you can do it with the vehicle only and use the soft brush to accentuate the shiny parts.

Eggy Argos

Thank you guys for your interesting suggestions. They are very good and I really appreciate it when you show a sample image of what you mean.

I will consider these proposals certainly in my next composite.