What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inkpad.t

Guru
Painting called "Down By The Lake", Not sure what style you would call it though, stumbled across doing this effect in the filter gallery, did a pretty bog standard painting that i thought was completely rubbish, then messed around with the filter gallery just trying things out, thought this was good what ended up with.

Down By The Lake Painting.jpg

Image is low resolution, full image size and resolution in signature.

Confestium

This is really nice as it's composed with filters. Done a really decent job on it.

Surprised it takes a long time for it to get any sort of posts or feedback. My only quibble is I not 100% sure what she is hugging lol.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like a dog to me.

Great piece Inky.

Confestium

The branches of the tree is meeting with the unspecified huggable object lol, making it somewhat difficult to decipher lol.

I love this one, good filter usage, not overdone.
I'm sure it would look great printed on canvas in a big size!

Paul

Former Member
I love it makes you want to look closer and that is what art is all about.

inkpad.t

Guru
Thanks everyone, I see what was meant about the area around the top of the dogs right ear, Will had paint that out so doesn't look a bit odd in that area, It looks like the filter has picked up the dark area on the tree bark as well as the dark area of the dogs ear and filtered it together as part of the same shading.

Thanks again everyone for taking a look and the comments, relay thoughtful and appreciated. Thank you.