What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pay The Ferryman

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like the concept and the lighting is great!

There's something off about the stepping stones..............not sure yet. I think it would look better without the fog on the lower pant legs.

gedstar

Guru
Looks great Eggy, I agree with Sam there's something about the fog around the pants, otherwise pretty cool :thumbsup:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam and Ged,
Well, I made the stepping stones very quickly in 3D but thats something I must change because actually I don't like it too.
You're right about the fog on the lower legs part. Its too much. I'll change that too, tomorrow...

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
OK, made a lot of changes but trying not to change the mood.
Reduced the canvas size, replaced the young guy by an 'old' dude, added a bell to signal the ferryman and some...

Pay The Ferryman B.jpg

I could add a raven or so but less is sometimes more... :mrgreen:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I also agree!

Much better, awesome work Eggy!

ps: I'm worried for the old man. I wonder what he has done in his life to deserve a ride over the river Styx. For me, he's not an appropriate subject for an image like this. The younger guy rubbing his neck in a "questioning pose" seemed more fitting..........as if he were standing there regretting the consequences of his actions that had led him to this point.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
You don't know what he has done in his life to deserve a trip over the river Styx.
He could have stood there as a young lad but he may have been handy to dodge a lot and extend his worldly time!
Old isn't always synonym for good or kind...

:mrgreen:

I like this one much better Eggy! For me the old man is the perfect choice.
What an improvement! The picture is now complete. It needs no more ravens.