What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Monks Path

gedstar

Guru
Nicely done Eggy :thumbsup: although maybe it's just me but I think there's a little to much orange glow on the faces and none on the legs

MrToM

Guru
Hmmmmm.....I see you are going through your 'Anarchy' period.

:thumbsup:

Of course we all know what's missing here...

Regards.
MrToM.

(not sure about the log...where did THAT come from?)

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hmmmmm.....I see you are going through your 'Anarchy' period.

Of course we all know what's missing here...

Regards.
MrToM.

(not sure about the log...where did THAT come from?)

Thanks Tom. Wait until I get really naughty...
Sorry about your boys but this time I could not think of a way to place them or one of them in the picture.

I had the intention to blur the leaves in the upper left corner and also the log (trees die don't they?) on the foreground.
To get the feeling of depth right I could not blur the leaves (not close enough on the foreground) and the log (too close on the foreground in relation to the leaves).
Does this make sense?

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
...Does this make sense?...
After several beers anything makes sense!

Seriously though, yes, that makes sense.

Looking at it again it may be that the log is more saturated than the rest. It seems to fit 'physically' but there is something about it that draws the eye.....and thats not good.

Maybe a de-sat and slightly blurry?

I dunno for sure.

Regards.
MrToM.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Yes, after looking again the log has way too much color and should be 'washed' out too.
I did blurred the log but obviously not enough.
Thanks for the advice.
I'll correct that tomorrow.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry I'm late on this one, had to work today.

Another fantastic composite! Well done.

The coloration is what I truly appreciate. A perfect match of being slightly washed out, focus, and color. I'm not sure if you intended for the monks to be the color that they are, but it works.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam.

After 'finishing' the project I make a snapshot and start to go nuts with filters until the result pleases me.

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Last and final modifications. I decreased the saturation of the log and blurred it a tiny more. Added more light in the upper left corner and did some cleaning up.

A Monks Path.jpg

Time for a new one now...

:cheesygrin:

MrToM

Guru
Thats better!

Just one small thing...you could do yourself a really big favour here...make the image of a size people can view...in full.

Big images are great to work on but when it comes to showing off your handy work it makes sense to offer an image that is viewable in full by the majority of people.

From my days of web designing the most popular screen size was 1920x1080....of course that may have changed since but still it may be worthwhile checking this out.

Reducing the image size can very often enhance it visually....and it can also hide a multitude of slight 'errors'...if you know what I mean.

Viewing this image at 700px wide, (the forum limit), it looks really good...but when viewed in full not only can I not see all of it at once but those little 'errors' start to become more apparent.

Just a thought.

Regards.
MrToM.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Indeed MrTom, there's no need for me to upload such a big size of pictures in a resolution of 72, it makes the images horrible to look at enhancing every flaw.
I will take your advice in account.