What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wise Men's Tree

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I started with these two base images

homeland_by_burtn-d4xn7sc.jpg tree.jpg

In the first image I had to erase every modern human presence.
I had a lot of work cutting out the tree and eliminating the highlights and shadows.
I also used pictures of native Americans and horses, ropes ect...
to get this

PSG Wise Men's Tree.jpg

Last edited:
A gorgeous composite Eggy, with a peaceful atmosphere and nice colors.
I admire how you mastered the lighting situation! A few hours just for this I presume?

Just one thing, and maybe this is just me...I could do without the horses, their coats look a bit artificial.

Thanks Chris.
About two hours I think.
The horse on the foreground didn't came out the way I wanted. Its like its bald. I need to give it more texture.
I'll correct that and maybe turn it into a pinto.

Last edited:
Now that is some seriously impressive work........

Actually everybody with some PS experience should be able to make something like this.
For instance, I'm doing PS about 2,5 years now.
Knowledge of light and shadows are the same in a painting as in PS. If you master a bit the most common techniques (there are a lot to achieve the same result) this shouldn't be a problem.
It helps having an art feeling and of course I'm retired and have time enough to experiment.

Nope, no pinto, but a lot more texture on the horses

Wow...this is a big improvement.
Both horses look very natural now.
I also noticed that the foreground is a bit sunnier, and you enhanced the details in the "yellow" sky.
Great work Eggy!

Actually everybody with some PS experience should be able to make something like this.
For instance, I'm doing PS about 2,5 years now.
Knowledge of light and shadows are the same in a painting as in PS. If you master a bit the most common techniques (there are a lot to achieve the same result) this shouldn't be a problem.
It helps having an art feeling and of course I'm retired and have time enough to experiment.

Hi Eggy

It is precisely because I understand how to do it that I can see how well it has been done! :)

Cheers

John

Thanks Chris.
Actually the two horses were more detailed but I felt or thought they were to 'crisp' so I blurred them by 0.5 px.
Not a good idea because they looked polished. So I made them crisp again and saturated the background some more.

From someone who knows bugger all about what he's talking about....very nicely done Eggy! :thumbsup:

If I were to mention anything it would be that maybe the fields in the background are slightly too over-saturated?

Just a teensy weensy bit?....possibly?....maybe?....a knats?

Its usual to have less saturation the further away something is.....but you knew that.

Oh yeah, one more thing....It fits on my screen too! :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.

If I were to mention anything it would be that maybe the fields in the background are slightly too over-saturated?
Its usual to have less saturation the further away something is.....but you knew that.

Thanks for the honest comments MrTom, and yes I know it should be less saturated.
But in the base background image you see three 'spruces' up to the horizon.
I admit, I was too lazy to select them in order to desaturate more near the horizon.
I could have done it with the sponge tool but...
I know, I should be ashamed...
And after contemplating the composite again and again, I kind of lost my focus and interest.
On a good day I'll do something about it.
Scout's honour

;)

Thanks @fredfish, its nice to be appreciated by someone who nows what he's talking about. :thumbsup:

Just because I know HOW to do it doesn't necessarily mean I am competent at doing it :) which is one of the reasons it is great to see inspiring work like this!

Cheers

John

Back