What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photomanipulation "They are back".

Good job.

I'm not sure why it bothers me, but I feel the light beam is too far to the right. Just ignore it but it looks off to me.

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 9.08.14 PM.png

Indeed a good job.
:thumbsup:

Beside Sam's remark about the lightbeam beiing a bit off you could make the 'grey' one on the right side darker on the frontside since the light is coming from behind and make a slight rimlight around him.

Indeed a good job.
:thumbsup:

Beside Sam's remark about the lightbeam beiing a bit off you could make the 'grey' one on the right side darker on the frontside since the light is coming from behind and make a slight rimlight around him.

If u look closely i did it:

Ad2Ug9T.jpg

I didn't want to overdone it, but maybe it's too soft too.

Also if u want, i would like to know what BLEND mode is better and if u duplicate the RIMLIGHT layer and add another BLEND mode to enhance it, but without going to strong. Thx for the Suggestions.

Last edited:
The light from the 'stargate' is coming from behind making the front of the aliens darker just because the light is blocked.
Light tend to bend around an object causing a rimlighting effect on the borders of the subject

Untitled-1.jpg

Back