What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll What kind of internet connection do you use?

What is the internet connection that you use?

• Total voters
G

I can remember those days that I used a 300 baud modem (no I'm serious). You know...a 3,5 MB MP3 file would haven taken me more than 3 hours to download [confused] :rofl: not to mention that once I had a big and I mean BIG hard drive of 20 MB [confused]; enough to store about 6 MP3 files...wooooooooowwww, even my camera has more storage capacity :D :D

wbiss

Guru
I didn't realise that this was a conversational thread...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Vanilla Coke!

badhrt

Mark
I live in a community with 14 houses and a small Mom & Pop redimix plant. I can't even get sympatico high speed where I am, the phone lines border on being obsolete and cable isn't within miles of me.
To the best of my knowledge satellite is my only hope but I can't bring myself to spend that much money as of yet.:{

Tim

theKeeper

Guru
Ya and i don't blame you Tim.
That tough luck though about there being no avaliable services in your area. :{

Actually... i really don't mind that ol' "Laverne & Shirly" drink comprised of coke and milk. I think THAT tastes just fine compared to Vanilla Ccccccoke! aaaagh! [confused]

wbiss

Guru
Yum, Yum, Recipe for Root Beer Float!

1. Heap two scoops of vanilla icecream in to a nice tall fountain glass.
2. Pour Root Beer over same.
3. Stick in straw & add spoon.
4. Scoop, slurp & enjoy!

:D

wbiss

Guru
NO WAY! :shocked:

sfm

Guru
hey what's wrong with vanilla coke you guys :( ....... just vanilla essence and coke tis all, just reminds me of the old spiders we used to drink as kids scooped ice cream with coke poured on top :\
sfm quietly sipping alone her vanilla coke hidden inside another container

wbiss

Guru
toooooooooooo sweet for me, 'til all! :\

Tron

Guru
not to mention that once I had a big and I mean BIG hard drive of 20 MB ; enough to store about 6 MP3

Gaussian I remember my first puter. It was a 386 running at 25 MH with 1 meg of RAM and a 20 meg Hard Drive. With DOS ver. 5-no such things as windows - boy things do change eh :rofl: :rofl: 8[

wbiss

Guru
THANK GOD for that! :D

G

Rick, my first PC was an XT clone, 4.7 Mhz, 620 kb Ram and two 5 1/4" floppies a green monochrome monotor,a graphics card with a resolution of 320x200 pixels, MSDos 3.1 and a keyboard heavy enough to use for weight lifting.

Wooow, the next PC was cool; it had Windows 2.11 on it!!!! :rofl:
http://members.fortunecity.com/pcmuseum/windows.htm

That was the first and only year that I had a virus; the year 1988.

I still have my first computer; Sinclair ZX-81, 20 years old. Memory 1KB and a 16 KB expansion included.

I'm getting old...[confused]

Tron

Guru
Interesting site Gauss- Wow we have come a long way B7

My first windows was 3.1 I still have a 486 with that on it [shhh]

Think I will soon take it to the ' antiques road show' ha ha

Makes a good door stop :rofl: :rofl:

G

The most frustration thing in my IT career has always been the 640 memory limit on the older machines. Man, had to use some tricks at work to make sure that all programs would fit in that memory space, especially those programs that didn't support extended/expanded memory. And nothing plug & play; had to set most interrupts by hand and imagine; every program needed it's own dedicated printer driver...for matrix printers most of time. Printing 10 pages of graphics would cost you a whole ribbon [confused] Most frustrated where the moments when somebody had a problem while printing labels; before I knew it I had to take the whole printer apart to remove the sticky leftovers [upset]

People who bought their first computer only a few years ago, really don't know how they are blessed, even if they run Windows 95 at this moment ;)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Ya.

Before Pentium, ever tried opening a graphic of say a small calender done in Corel with a couple of Photoshop 2 images in it. On a 386 or 486 it took forever. Each edit move was an agonising hair-pulling wait. I often opened 10MB files that took my whole lunch hour to open.

vee

SilvrWolf

I think I may date myself here but my first computer was a Commodore Vic-20. I actually learned BASIC on that computer and some Assembly Language. Wow that was moons ago. I do recall my Uncle having a Timex Sinclair, which was noithing more than a Scientific calculator with an over active thyroid problem.

G

Vic-20, yes I can remember that one. I had a C64 and later a C128. I'm sad that I sold the C-64 and I'm still trying the find the first C64 in the original box. The C64 was the only computer in history that started selling again many months after sales went down; a real succes story.

I even had a Tandy TRS-80 :rofl: The first ever programmable device I had was a TI-58; we're talking 1977. It had 32 bytes of memory and I created some small math programs with it.

My first laptop was a Tandy TRS-80 in 1983; I still have it in the original box. That baby is going to cost some money in the future :D

namvet

Power User
my first "computer" was an NEC APC3 (the non IBM compatible version) :( .. it was such a dog of a thing that it put me off of computers for years [confused] .... and yes I've still got it, well who in their right mind would want a boat anchor like that :rofl: :rofl: