What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll What Do You Use Adobe Photoshop For?

What Do You Primarily Use Adobe Photoshop For?

• Website Design

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Photography

Votes: 49 48.0%
  • Marketing Graphics

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • 3D Work

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Motion Graphics

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Animation

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Typography

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Print Design

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Illustration

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Image Editing & Manipulation

Votes: 82 80.4%

• Total voters

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Check all that apply.

I use Adobe Photoshop for website design primarily, but many other uses as well.

psIloveyou

I'm new to Photoshop so have only used for primarily photos but want to learn it all.

Shopped

I use Photoshop mostly for making graphics to put into After effects for animations and motion graphics. Of course image manipulation also.

Blurred

I use Photoshop at work mostly for making website graphics and some marketing materials.

SicSid

i use it to manipulate photo into a comic look image...

<<<<< see....my avatar is an example

iDad

Guru
I really started PS because of old pictures my wife and I have.Lots got ruined in the old albums(pictures as old as dirt lol) I wanted to find a way of saving,restoring them. It took many years of trial and era (I learnt so much,I would call it on the job training lol)
but I digitized them all (over 8000) retouched,enhanced repaired and saved them all, and shared with family........ever since I have been addicted to photo related programs of all sorts but PS and AI my favorite tools of choice I really like Aperture also. but that's fairly new only a few years old I believe.

Okay going off topic.........I'm done now LOL

KRF

Power User
I really started PS because of old pictures my wife and I have.Lots got ruined in the old albums(pictures as old as dirt lol) I wanted to find a way of saving,restoring them. It took many years of trial and era (I learnt so much,I would call it on the job training lol)
but I digitized them all (over 8000) retouched,enhanced repaired and saved them all, and shared with family........ever since I have been addicted to photo related programs of all sorts but PS and AI my favorite tools of choice I really like Aperture also. but that's fairly new only a few years old I believe.

Okay going off topic.........I'm done now LOL

Wow iDad thay had cameras in the "jurassic period" :( lol jks

I use Photoshop for Photography, as an amature photographer, and a student, I got Photoshop Eliments 7, and found it not to my likeing, then I bought CS4 Extended, I was going to get LightRoom, but I thought that if I got Photoshop CS4 Extended, it would sever for years to come, and you can get a version of lightroom in Photoshop. so this is why I have Photoshop.

I am thinking of getting CS5 Extended, but still unsure if it will be worth it :)

Steve

Retired Administrator
For me mostly PS is my digital darkroom for my own photos.
I really enjoy restoring old photos, and colorizing old photos.

Attachments

• OP.jpg
    OP.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 5
  • OP1 duo.jpg
    OP1 duo.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 5

KRF

Power User
HM, what did I do wrong?
When I edited the first post I saw the images in the message, now the names just show in a box called Attached Images and I can't view them even by clicking on them.

yeah I get the same, it's like the admins have locked the Acctchments link from members, interesting

MrShaSha

Editing! The greatest editor of all time? People is compare PS to GIMP. Is that a reasonable comparison?

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
GIMP is the closest thing to PS for Linux, but they are different. You would just have to try GIMP and see what you think.

MrShaSha

I've used it for a little while. But not as much as PS, so I don't know much about it. I'm a noob at both but a super noob at GIMP.
I just think GIMP looks too unprofessional. For me aesthetics is a huge part of what ever I'm buying, but as long as it delivers. :/

KRF

Power User
GIMP is the closest thing to PS for Linux, but they are different. You would just have to try GIMP and see what you think.

Tried it and didn't like it, it's to messy, nothing is in the place you think it would be, I just hate it, I down loaded it and about 10 min after I had to uninstall it as I could for the like in me find how to do GIFs, so I gavce up and just went back to the good old PS CS4

I use it in conjunction with other adobe like Fireworks or Flash, but most of the things I do end up on a website.

bush ze

Haz esto, abre el Winrar y arrastras el archivo flt-cnc3.001 a la ventana de WinRAR para que lo abra, despues ya le das extraer archivos a la carpeta que quieras y esos serán los archivos que debes quemar.