What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll What Do You Use Adobe Photoshop For?

What Do You Primarily Use Adobe Photoshop For?

• Website Design

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Photography

Votes: 49 48.0%
  • Marketing Graphics

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • 3D Work

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Motion Graphics

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Animation

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Typography

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Print Design

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Illustration

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Image Editing & Manipulation

Votes: 82 80.4%

• Total voters

hanms

First started out as a must have tool for my university project works, now really into the fact that I can just about do anything with anything! ^^

Steve

Retired Administrator

tina jane

i'm new and I use Photoshop mostly for making graphics to put into After effects for animations and motion graphics.

SeniorS

Guru
I'm using PS for printing (books, calendars, cards etc). Recently want to count how many images i' have scanned and color corrected (retouched). The result was about 40000 scans and very close if not more to 100000 corrected :eek:

Steve

Retired Administrator

rasoN

I use it mostly for Image Editing & Manipulation, then sometimes web design and illustration

Paul

Former Member
I noticed theres no box to tick for having fun.

Hoogle

Guru
adobe photoshop lets say $300
gimp = free
do you really think it can compete with adobe there is a reason why it is so expensive and that is because it is pretty to look at reliable and runs smoothly and has a good support network.
Dont get me wrong I love the idea of open source software but come on it is like putting a ferrari engine in a mini van I will never swap over to Gimp

QuietCompany

Making custom hockey cards so I guess illustration and image transformation (though I'm not sure if photoshop compared to illustrator is the best thing to use this for).

Yunsha

Started using PS for restoring old photos. Till now its my primary object, but did some graphic/web designs as well.

mattmorz

In my case now, I use it for flash animation , typography and logo creation :D

Still-learning

Mainly;
- Photo manipulation
- Model/celebrity retouching
- web design
- layout design
- image improvement

ceva321

Banned
Great question OP. I have photoshop cs4 and use it mainly to beautify my personal photos.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

slothrop

I use it for image editing/manipulation, but the breadth of what you can use photoshop for is amazing-- there's always something new to learn.