What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll What kind of internet connection do you use?

What is the internet connection that you use?

• Total voters

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
It's important for our board to know what kind of internet connection our members use.

We would really appreciate your vote :perfect:

:::Edited by Mark:::

We're gathering this info specifically to help us decide if we need to lower the file size limit on attachments and upLoads. Right now, the general limit is 150kb. This is probably a tad high for modem users; especially if they are getting charged by-the-minute to be onLine.

Another good way of putting this to question would simply be to ask ALL users of the Forum:

"Do you feel it takes too long for most threads to load in for you? Particularily those containing large or numerous images."

Overall, changing the file size limit will not make a real huge difference. I've tried curbing the loadin times a bit already, by setting the max post-per-page limit to only 15. But that too could be lowered if it would help any.

And that's what we're trying to decide on. :)

:::End Edit:::

Tron

Guru
I voted Gauss, but I don't understand why it is important[confused]

sfm

Guru
Gaus what do I vote for? [confused] we use a dial up modem to dial out but it comes back through satelite so this would be classed as what?
sfm

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Ok Sue, I guess you upload with the modem and download with the sattelite (at least that's what I know about sattelite connections), in that case choose T1 or better :)

SilvrWolf

hmmmm no choice for string, two rocks and a washboard. Guess Ill have to vote for something else.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Mine's in. Want thing about my connection though. Regardless what setting I do, it disconnects after a few minutes of idle. I'm not surprised that after I punch the send reply on this post I'm disconne

kiwi

Guru
Vee bud that sounds like a pref to me for your disconnection :)

I use a 56k modem...I hate it [slick] ,buuuut its better then nothing ;) ,and every ISP here in NZ charges per M of download for ADSL etc,so I dont have much choice.

Stu.

sfm

Guru
silvrwolf you made me choke on my vanilla coke! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
okay my vote is in
sfm

sfm

Guru
yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy taste like coke with icecream in it he he he

the lemon coke is a bit sweet for me though
sfm

namvet

Power User
my vote is in ... but also want to say that my line speed can be as high as 2880bps(wow! :) ) , 'tis generally around 2400bps but can get as low as 1800 :( ... seeing as the same equip was giving me 4800bps in the city on a bad day [doh] .. and I'm only 100km from capital city!! ... so I guess I would have one of the slower connections to this board ... but generally I don't have a problem with the pages loading here .. very occasionally some are a tad slow ... hope this helps ... ask any questions if it helps ... and thanks for a great and helpful site

G

Originally posted by theKeeper
Vanilla Coke ?! [saywhat] ..... Eeeeew! [confused]
I made that mistake one day, grabbed one of the kids' bottles [confused]

UglyKaterpillar

Well I voted for 56k since that's what I use at home, but while I'm here at work, I'm on a T1.

badhrt

Well my modem vote is in. Gotta love the rurals here in beautiful downtown Canada. It doesn't matter if it's uphill, downhill, tailwind or not, I can't get over 26.4Kpbs. Wow to be rich so I could afford satellite , but alas I'm a pauper and must endure the suffering inflicted on us poor neglected ruralites with antiquated phone lines. SOB:{

VANILLA COKE-------------- OH PUKE [confused] :rofl:

I really don't mind waiting for an image to load, but I have unlimited access unlike some.

Tim

theKeeper

Guru
Tim...
In case you're not aware of it... DSL uses phone lines.
And the cost for a minimal DSL connection is about $10 more than for a 56kb modem account.

Have a look around. "LOOK Communications" should offer service in most areas. And if not, then even SHAW/TELUS will. They can offer a Cable Modem setup for the same monthly fee as a DSL line would be.

Just some thoughts... :)

G

Sympatico is good too, but they have a 5 GB cap which some people don't like.

SilvrWolf

Coke and Milk products just do NOT mix.

chiMera

I voted for dail up cuz thats what i use right now, but I am gonna get dsl pretty soon:\