What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll What kind of internet connection do you use?

What is the internet connection that you use?

• Total voters

ComedyLover

dsl xD

Chyina

Well, I was going to vote but you don't have my option on it. I use WCDMA/HSDPA. It's a wireless mobile broadband USB dongle with a sim card inserted into its guts, lol.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Well, I was going to vote but you don't have my option on it. I use WCDMA/HSDPA. It's a wireless mobile broadband USB dongle with a sim card inserted into its guts, lol.

:cheesygrin: Considering this was created during the 56k Medieval period of the internet, I think it's time to update this a bit so our present generation can take part.

Hang on, Chyina.....

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
DSL 10mbs download slowwww upload

iDesign

Wow, how technology changes.. looking at how slow things were in 2002.

I am currently using 50mbs Wireless Broadband.. but could be a lot faster!

inkpad.t

Guru
I use to be on 120meg fibre optic broad band, I recently move ( which is why i am not on here much now ) and have moved from a house to a flat seeing as all the kids have gone, The flat can only get up to 20 meg by the phone line so I was worried as we can not get super-fast speeds where the flats are located. But has not affected me in the least, No drop outs, no time outs, no disconnections, no nothing, just good broad band down the phone line, doesn't even get affected if the phones being used at the same time.

SO it makes me wonder why I paid a lot of money every month in the first place for super-fast when all I now have is a phone line speed and not affected at all ?...

philsphoto

It's important for our board to know what kind of internet connection our members use.

We would really appreciate your vote :perfect:

:::Edited by Mark:::

We're gathering this info specifically to help us decide if we need to lower the file size limit on attachments and upLoads. Right now, the general limit is 150kb. This is probably a tad high for modem users; especially if they are getting charged by-the-minute to be onLine.

Another good way of putting this to question would simply be to ask ALL users of the Forum:

"Do you feel it takes too long for most threads to load in for you? Particularily those containing large or numerous images."

Overall, changing the file size limit will not make a real huge difference. I've tried curbing the loadin times a bit already, by setting the max post-per-page limit to only 15. But that too could be lowered if it would help any.

And that's what we're trying to decide on. :)

:::End Edit:::

I am Time Warner, I purchased a Arris Motorola SB6183 and I get 279mbps download if I plug my PC directly into the modem. I have a slower wireless router that is capping me at only 67Mbps down, I need to replace this router.

Last edited by a moderator: