What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% mine # 2

XD looks great Vafann some of the flowers glow-ey bit is obscuring the magpie a little, got to love my technicality XD :p

New here, but thought I'd stop by and say great work. I personally like the other one better, this one feels too forced and loses the kind of hazy air that made it more fascinating to me, it also loses some of its ambiance provided for the viewer. I was in an old room dimly lit by incandescent bulbs before, now I'm looking at an album cover...just my thoughts. amazing work either way, totally know what's it like to wish you could see something without the hours of staring at effecting your understanding of the image.

Well heck, what's one opinion without, you know, 5 or 6 more? LOL

I like both. I don't see the album cover thing, though it is a bit more harsh without the wispy white, so I can see Create's point.
IMO: I think those wisps (don't try to say that) helped to tie things together except they were too hazy and obstructing in the center. I'd like to see a little of it back. I like that the woman in green was not immediately noticeable and that much obstructing seemed good. I agree with Zeealax about the glow; it does obscure the magpie and I don't think it works. But this a fantasy of course. I also think it is just a wee bit busy and out of balance, too heavy on the left. The right side is just right. The only other thing is, my eye jumps to the catface. I like it, but I think it is over-emphasized.

Well, here is something I know from my proofreading experience, having learned it best editing my own writing. Close your eyes, oh no this is an image. Open your eyes. NM. Sometimes you have to be ruthless and cut favorite things -- phrases, sentences, words -- from your composition for the sake of clarity, to prevent verbosity and not bore your reader to death, or to fit some requirements (which you don't have). It's hard, but once you bite the bullet and do it, the reward is clear.

So I'm just suggesting you take out an element or two, just little things. But don't get me wrong, overall I really love it. I do. You're great. Cheers, Clare

very nice, the only thing that really jumps out at me is the perspective of the building and the grass in front of it. it's good to the left of the girl, but looks really high to the right.

New here, but thought I'd stop by and say great work. I personally like the other one better, this one feels too forced and loses the kind of hazy air that made it more fascinating to me, it also loses some of its ambiance provided for the viewer. I was in an old room dimly lit by incandescent bulbs before, now I'm looking at an album cover...just my thoughts. amazing work either way, totally know what's it like to wish you could see something without the hours of staring at effecting your understanding of the image.

Thank you very much Createpersuasion (that´s a long handle lol), I completely understand what you mean, and especially since I have slept and can see it more clearly now. I think maybe I should do something inbetween or maybe just take out all the haze and lights, and start all over again with them and see what happens then. I really appreciate your comment. :)

Last edited:
Well heck, what's one opinion without, you know, 5 or 6 more? LOL

I like both. I don't see the album cover thing, though it is a bit more harsh without the wispy white, so I can see Create's point.
IMO: I think those wisps (don't try to say that) helped to tie things together except they were too hazy and obstructing in the center. I'd like to see a little of it back. I like that the woman in green was not immediately noticeable and that much obstructing seemed good. I agree with Zeealax about the glow; it does obscure the magpie and I don't think it works. But this a fantasy of course. I also think it is just a wee bit busy and out of balance, too heavy on the left. The right side is just right. The only other thing is, my eye jumps to the catface. I like it, but I think it is over-emphasized.

Well, here is something I know from my proofreading experience, having learned it best editing my own writing. Close your eyes, oh no this is an image. Open your eyes. NM. Sometimes you have to be ruthless and cut favorite things -- phrases, sentences, words -- from your composition for the sake of clarity, to prevent verbosity and not bore your reader to death, or to fit some requirements (which you don't have). It's hard, but once you bite the bullet and do it, the reward is clear.

So I'm just suggesting you take out an element or two, just little things. But don't get me wrong, overall I really love it. I do. You're great. Cheers, Clare

Oh, thank you sooooo much for your comments Ibclare! Yes you are right about everything, I think I need to do like I said above and take is kind of halfway with the lights and things, and maybe change some other things as well. I know what you mean with the catface lol! That is a coat hanger that I made out of a piece of wood, and I thought it might fit into something as weird as that, but you are right, it´s too much, I think I should shrink it and move it or something. Proofreader huh? Coooool! you could come in handy in more ways than one! :)

very nice, the only thing that really jumps out at me is the perspective of the building and the grass in front of it. it's good to the left of the girl, but looks really high to the right.

Thank you Siodre! I will have a closer look at that, I have real problems with perspective. :)

Thanks for responding to my post Vafann. It is a long handle, :) I really appreciate you posting your work and kind of sharing your thoughts about it. I really found some relativity and solace in that other artists struggle to "see" their work after working on it for so long.

Thanks for responding to my post Vafann. It is a long handle, :) I really appreciate you posting your work and kind of sharing your thoughts about it. I really found some relativity and solace in that other artists struggle to "see" their work after working on it for so long.

Thank YOU for referring to me as an artist! lol! :)

Back