What's new

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Hey guys

I found these three pieces on my old hard disk... I was just about starting to look at 3d at this point, I screwed myself over with this one as the module after this would've fit perfectly with these images XD having said that, the module later got me into 3D, sooo. :p

anyway, they're just some photobashes, but they look very rushed, primarily because they were rushed, I missed out a lot of college due to operations that year, and had to quickly catch up, so apologies if you see a few artifacts here and there.

eagle2_by_zeealex-d9c2u2p.jpg

lioness_by_zeealex-d9c2uge.png

the_keeper_by_zeealex-d9c2urp.jpg

anyway, I'll leave you to look, feel free to drop a comment and ask questions if I remember the answer, I'll let hand it up :)

Attachments

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
If I'm not mistaken, I think you posted the hawk image some time back and I mean wayyyyy back... lol .

Nonetheless, they look good. Reminds me of something chrisdesign would kitbash into a delightful steampunk style render.

Revisit this old project of yours for future inspiration.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
oh yeah, I must've forgotten about it... whoopsie! sorry!

I use photobashing now in uni, apparently it's almost standard practice these days for concept art, so that module at college has definitely helped out!
I'm a wee bit out of practice though, chrisdesign's are much MUCH better and more refined than mine could ever be :p

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'm a wee bit out of practice though, chrisdesign's are much MUCH better and more refined than mine could ever be :p
One has to start somewhere. I'm sure it took @chrisdesign time to perfect what he does through a lot of trial and error. And I won't be surprised if he and others who manipulate images still goes through the T&E process to this day..... with a lot of patience and perseverance.

In my work I do not use 3D software at all, just Photoshop thats is all.
In a way I learnt a lot more since I'm retired and honed my PS skills with my many steampunk projects I posted here.
In most of my fantasy jobs there are over 50 hours of work in it. Especially young people can't understand why I do this.
Many of them believe in the "magic button" for Photoshop work. It's extremely hard to explain the 3 P's to them.
And yes dv8_fx, the trial and error way of working is still my daily companion, even after 22 years of PS experience.

BTW, do you know https://www.behance.net.
Here you see the most incredible work you can imagine, though most of them are professionals.

Regards
Chris

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
I used photoshop purely for these three, I just said this was a short time prior to me looking into 3D work :)

Like I said, these were rushed because I was being rushed, a couples of long term members here have seen what happens when I do have time :)
But yeah, a lot of people, including sometimes myself try to find shortcuts and it doesn't normally work out.

Trial and error is HOW PS should be learned XD

Last edited: