What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

Alistair: the avatar is also done in cinema, and is abstract work, no specific recognisable thing on it.

Wendy: One million times sorry!!!! These things cannot be done with the Cinema version you get with the magazine, and also not with the upgrade to 6.3. See, to make this kind of things, you need a suite of shaders (like texturing plugins) called "Smells Like Almonds", and that wasn't included in version 6. It had to be bought separately, and one does need C4D 6.3, the upgrade, for it. Yet: Maxon doesn't sell it anymore, so you would have to find someone who has an original and who wants to sell it. Selling is allowed because it does not make part of the upgrade to vs.7 or 8. Then, with the original serial of SLA and your personal serial for C4D6.3, Maxon can generate a working serial for SLA. See, this way owners of SLA2.1 can sell only once, and you get a fully legal copy of it.

What you do get with vs.6 is a good basic 3D modelling tool and the option to import PS docs to put textures on it. IMO it is really worth the price of the magazine, but don't expect to get the power of Cinema8: it was after vs 6 that Maxon started to have that "hit with a bullet". Compare Cinema6 with PS 4.

My idea. And, once again: it was sheer coincidence, I did not want to tempt anyone with these works into buying tha mag! [saywhat]

Thanks for the explanation... ;) I get ya Erik!

Still...a working copy to get one's feet wet and a 'grasp' of things.... :perfect: B7

Yes, it's definately worth the price of the magazine, and even the upgrade to 6.3 is more than worth it. You can go quite far in modelling and much really impressive things have been done with 6.3. And then there's always help if you want to know something...

And a german book that actually took me a very long time to do... something was messed up with the shapes... i think [confused] :\

Good work there Alistair! :perfect: Looks like you're getting right into furniture making!

I'm trying to think of something clever to say about that "German Book" (i.e. what makes it German?) [confused] :p but I'll leave that thought alone! ;)

wbiss said:
Good work there Alistair! :perfect: Looks like you're getting right into furniture making!

I'm trying to think of something clever to say about that "German Book" (i.e. what makes it German?) [confused] :p but I'll leave that thought alone! ;)
It has a german title ;) :D

Learned a few new tricks and resurrected Eustace Banks to try them out. Still a ways to go, but he's getting there. Pardon the dark render, but lighting isn't exactly my thing just yet. Was going for a twilight type deal.

Buzz Lightyear of Borg will get resurrected again someday.

Alistair:
It has a german title

[confused] Guess it's time for new glasses! [:I

Cool Stroker! I look forward to seeing your progress on this latest project! :perfect:

Wow this looks like fun......... :perfect:

Here's my attempt at something kind of 3D....Started in Illustrator and finished in P7.

BowlingBall.jpg

Alistair said:
Thanks Gaussian.? I remember looking at that a while back.

Take Care

- Al

\:/ .... so, Alistair does this mean we will be seeing 3d Blender stuff from you?? .. I hope so .. I liked your 'wings3d' images ... :)

Maybe sometime soon! We'll see. I'm awefully busy lately; I can't even believe that I jumped back into and committed to the forums again. :)

- Al

Alistair said:
? I'm awefully busy lately;

busy is good :) .... btw, with that 'rocket' that you call a computer, working with 3d should be a breeze .. rendering is soooo slow on mine that I walk away, make coffee, do the dishes, cook tea, feed the cats then if I'm lucky the render is finished :rofl: :rofl:

Back