What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D 3d show off room

Alistair

Guru
namvet said:
busy is good :) .... btw, with that 'rocket' that you call a computer, working with 3d should be a breeze .. rendering is soooo slow on mine that I walk away, make coffee, do the dishes, cook tea, feed the cats then if I'm lucky the render is finished :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: I remember how Photoshop used to be that way for me. longest time to render a text= 15 minutes.
I definately was working on a canvas that was 6 ft wide, 4 ft tall and at 300 dpi :cry: :D

- Al

extrude

As far as sds modeling goes, for concept work, either organic, and or inorganic, it is still very hard to beat Wings3D... Silo is also good, costs a bit o coin, but will handle a higher poly count, and has terrific subd viewing cw iso line... both will allow for basically the same same... a mesh :D

For everything else, well yea, Blender is coming along, though personaly I still enjoy using either Carrara, and or C4D...

Big welcome back Alistair :)

Alistair

Guru
Thanks for the suggestion Extrude. I'll check some of those programs out. I'm assuming I can get all of them trial.

Take Care

- Al

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I concur. Tho I haven't played with it for some time since my cpu crash, I found the tools easy to use. Of course it can't be compared to the big guys. But for beginners who would want to create 3dmodels and as a step to the biggie aps, Wing3d is the most.

Here's one you should try,? Alistair......... Hexagon2.0.? This is a Demo version. But at one time, they were offering the full package to members for US$1.99 (LUCKY ME)? :rofl: .....? and UNLUCKY ME .... it's for XP and I'm not on XP? :cry:? (YET)........

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=4325&cat=272

If ever you decide to get it, tell me how is it. I'm dying to try it out......... :{ :{

Enjoy

Alistair

Guru
dv8_fx said:
I concur. Tho I haven't played with it for some time since my cpu crash, I found the tools easy to use. Of course it can't be compared to the big guys. But for beginners who would want to create 3dmodels and as a step to the biggie aps, Wing3d is the most.

Here's one you should try, Alistair......... Hexagon2.0. This is a Demo version. But at one time, they were offering the full package to members for US$1.99 (LUCKY ME) :rofl: ..... and UNLUCKY ME .... it's for XP and I'm not on XP :cry: (YET)........

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=4325&cat=272

If ever you decide to get it, tell me how is it. I'm dying to try it out......... :{ :{

Enjoy

Right now it says it is free! (probably with tax)

- Al

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
The Demo has always been free. NO TAX.

I forgot to mention you have to register . Once in, add the item to your cart. The system will ask you to select a payment mode. SELECT PAYPAL. Proceed to checkout page. The ITEM IS FREE.... so the system will not charge anything and you can proceed to your account download page.

dv8

namvet

Power User
Alistair said:
Right now it says it is free! (probably with tax)

Alistair ... yup, you go through the registration process (only email addy, name and d.ob. needed), then the order and paypal process (no c/c/ details asked for or needed) and as Vee (dv8_fx) stated it is free .... btw, prog is 47.3mb ?:) ? ..... regards namvet

Alistair said:
Can't you just download the demo?? \:/

Alistair ... that's the way they (DAV) have set up the download .... I am downloading my copy now so I can have a look at the prog .... hope the above helps/explains .. regards namvet

extrude

Have fun guys... Hexagon is a pretty straight forward UI, though it does contain some redundancy when moving in and out of ops, no more than any other UI I suppose...

so yea, happy modeling :)

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I'm not sure but I thnik that once you make a purchase, DAZ will e-mail your serial no. Is there a serial no., Namvet?

47.3MB???? Let me check my DL.........

I didn't realize the demo was that small....... the full Program plus the updates total a whopping 425MB....... took me half a day at a broadband shop to download the whole thing (plus the MAC version). First time I ever bought a recognized full prog at $1.99.

How I envy you guys......... :{

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
uhhhhh... :D.... I'm not promoting DAZ, OK :rofl: ;\ ....

It's just that the programs mentioned are there. And what's the point of downloading DAZ STUDIO without the content. And there's a lot of free things in there for use in DAZ STUDIO....

Like the base models - Victoria 3.0 , Michael 3.0 , AIKO 2.0 (Anime character), The weekly freebie - Toon Robot , et al in the HUGE freebies section.......

sheepish dv8

namvet

Power User
dv8_fx said:
I'm not sure but I thnik that once you make a purchase, DAZ will e-mail your serial no.? Is there a serial no., Namvet?

.. yes .. they do/did

dv8_fx said:
47.3MB????? ?Let me check my DL.........
I didn't realize the demo was that small....... the full Program plus the updates total a whopping 425MB.......

.... \:/ ... it took me 2 hours to download the demo .... so I'm going to have a whole mess of trouble if I like the program and want the full version :rofl: :rofl:

Alistair

Guru
dv8_fx said:
I'm not sure but I thnik that once you make a purchase, DAZ will e-mail your serial no. Is there a serial no., Namvet?

47.3MB???? Let me check my DL.........

I didn't realize the demo was that small....... the full Program plus the updates total a whopping 425MB....... took me half a day at a broadband shop to download the whole thing (plus the MAC version). First time I ever bought a recognized full prog at $1.99.

How I envy you guys......... :{

425mb shouldn't take half a day [confused] With my cable, it would take 85 min to 4 hours probably. Depending on the upload speed.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Oh Bless you , Al. I wish I had your speed. But I'm still on a 56 and you know what that means..... :rofl:........ that's worse than scraping the bottom of a barrel........

That's why I have to travel 20 minutes to a broadband shop.....

Alistair

Guru
dv8_fx said:
Oh Bless you , Al. I wish I had your speed. But I'm still on a 56 and you know what that means..... :rofl:........ that's worse than scraping the bottom of a barrel........

That's why I have to travel 20 minutes to a broadband shop.....

I remember those good 'ole days when I didn't have a 5mbps connection :p

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Alistair said:
I remember those good 'ole days when I didn't have a 5mbps connection?

I will be having 10mbps as soon as I have time to make the move. :D

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Al wrote:
425mb shouldn't take half a day With my cable, it would take 85 min to 4 hours probably. Depending on the upload speed.

I was downloading over 1gig (MAc & PC version) as well as other stuff at the same time ;\. Pack Rat habits never die..... gets only worse.

namvet

Power User
56k would be heaven!! .... my telco line allows 28 at best :cry: :cry: