What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hi and welcome to PSG.
Thanks for sharing your work. Long time since I saw a 'Out Of Bounds' composite.

But...a few observations:
- in red the remains that should not be there anymore (red)
- the lack of shadow of the spacecraft (green)

Keep up the good work!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG. Thanks for sharing your Out of Bounds composite.

Very nice!

There are some selection issues where you missed some stuff including the area around and within the TV screen and around the border of the whole image.

The composition/framing is off since you cut off the space ship and part of the TV which diminishes the overall effect. The canvas is just too busy and full.

The windows and engines of the spaceship could use some outer glow to make them pop. And as Eggy stated, there's no shadow being produced by the ship on the tables surface.

If you need any help or have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Keep up the great effort and practice, practice, practice!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have any questions? How are you making your selections?

Grayson Smith

If you mean selections as in the process I used, then: I used the marquee tool and the wand tool to eliminate the sky. For the fog/mist, I used a soft brush at opacity around 20%

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm hoping that you will take the time to go through these tutorials and apply what you learn to another attempt at your "Out of Bounds" image from above.