What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5.5 brushes problem

lenny

Hi All,
Having a problem with brushes.
I lost my precise preferences for the brushes and all I have is a 1-3 pixel brush. After that it defaults to the icon. Our IT guys seem to have misplaced the original cd.

I've gone through the reloading of brushes, preferences and I've tried Adobe Studio exchange, but no luck. I desperately need be able to get the precise brush size preferences back.

Any suggestions??

Hello Lenny,

If your Brush Size pointer is suddenly replaced with a Precise pointer, check to see if the [caps lock] key has been turned on accidentally. This key allows you to switch from Brush Size to Precise when depressed. If this isn't the case you may need to throw out your Preferences file and then restart the application.

In version 5.5 open the Photoshop Application folder and delete the Adobe Photoshop Prefs file located in the Adobe Photoshop Settings folder. This will force Photoshop to re-create your preferences. Then restart Photoshop and more than likely all your problems will be solved.

Back