What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions?

Alistair

Guru
Would anyone be willing to give me a couple good sites that would show me how to use the 'Actions' pallete? I realized that I've never used it and that it may just be useful. If not a website, does anyone have good explanation and instructions that they could give me.

I also realized there is a animation pallete. Does this work like Imageready?

Best,

- Al

I don't know any sites off the top of my head, but I know creating actions are very easy. Just create a new action and press record. This records what ever you do in PS so you can apply the same exact steps to another image. You can also do it to a batch of images using the 'automate' feature. I don't use this often, but when I need to do something to alot of images it is very helpful.

p?tr??k .. have just put that in my 'tips and tricks' folder ... thanks

.... \:/ \:/ \:/ ....

p?tr??k said:
I don't use this often, but when I need to do something .. alot .... it is very helpful.

... \:/ ... I need a 'make another coffee' action ... :rofl: :rofl:

Alistair, I'm just posting "on the fly" right now so I've not the time to go into detail untill saturday or Sunday night if it is needed.
Here is a picture I made with actions using a simple shape to begin with. The shape was very much like the Nike logo, you know the shape that looks like a stylised tick.
Mandlebrotted Abstract
Here is the .RAR (ed) .PSD so you can get an idea of the steps I took. Abstract .PSD Take note that it is about 6 MB in size.
Action Central is a good site to look at to give you a good idea of the possibilities using actions.
Tao

Back