What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

add a person to a photo

tdmartin8

ok after playing with this for a few days i am frustrated i can't get the 2nd person added to look like it belongs in the first photo....please advice what to do.....familyallremoved.JPGnathan.jpg

iDad

Guru
Sorry but thats a confusing statement, can you restate that......... are you referring to the girl being held of the boy (football player)

tdmartin8

sorry----on the first photo between the person on the left and the young girl standing i need the boy in 2nd photo put between them....does that make better sense? thanks!

Basically the posture of the boy in the second photo is all wrong, so you would first have to put his head on the body of some one standing similar to everybody else, then you would be able to add him to the first photo. This is all well and good, but you have to remember about scale, tone, texture and what not!

View attachment 10336
What the problem is, is that the girl behind him looks the same age, so putting him in front of her like that, is awkward! Not all pictures can be merged and made to look real.

tdmartin8

can we try please? it means alot to my parents he is in a home due to ceberal palsy and couldn't be there for the anniversay party.....thanks!!

I will have a go at it as soon as I have had sleep!
Could I first ask how old he is, so I can gauge how tall he should be in comparison to everyone else. Also did you try to delete the top half of a man so you could put him there? Could you post the the original image that has not been altered in any way please?

I don't mean to sound heartless, but I only posted a mock to show of what I was talking about, as you only asked for advice. I would normaly charge £15 for Photo manipulation like this. May I suggest that if you are willing to pay something like £15 to get a perfect image, it might be advantageous for you to get this thread put in the freelance section by the Admin. This will not only ensure the highest quality for something that is obviously dear to you, but you will probably get a few previews of different people, so you can choose the best to pay for.

It is for this reason that when I do what you have asked when I wake up, I will only be posting a preview of my work, as what you have asked, can be very time consuming to get skin tones, textures, and scales just right.

You can email the original image directly to me if you like:-
spruce@sprucemagoo1.com

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
I agree with spruce on this, unless the two images share some close qualities the image at the end always looks out of the norm.

First of all, I duplicated the image twice, with the first one, I rebuilt the background using the clone tool and the heel tool. I then deleted all the background and half people from the 2nd copy of the image. I then improved the tone of everybody's skin by using curves and vibrancy and what not.

I deleted everything surrounding the boy's head and neck, then deleted the background from an image of a man standing in jeans and t-shirt (me) and his head. Making sure the boy's head is to scale to the body, I make sure the skin tones of me and the boy match and blend in any irregularities.

Copying the new image of the boy, I placed it on the layer underneath all the other people, put him in place, and tried getting him the correct size. I then cleaned the image of the people by blurring pixelation on the face arms and hair, deleting the blur round a few of the peoples hair, and making sure the join between them and the boy was a nice line. The tone of the boy was then adjusted to match the other people. Anything else I tell you will give some of the tricks I use away! All in all though for a none professional, this would probably take the best part of a day.