What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

add audio to a GIF in CS5

Annelien

Hi,

First time posting so be gentle!

I'll try to be as thorough as I can...

What do I want from you?
I want to add audio to my GIF in CS5 and would like you to tell me how I can do this.
Note: I would like to save the GIF including the audio fragment in 1 format.

Where did I get stuck?
After making my GIF I wanted to add a wav-sound file but don't know how exactly.
I looked at some tutorials online and saw it's possible but I cannot seem to find the button "change view"
they are talking about. I need to find this button in order to add the sound. Or at least, that is what I understand
from the tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYSriyxBWi0).

Screen Shot 2016-02-29 at 9.33.47 AM.png

I cannot find a way to add sound in the actions underneath either. (sorry, it's in French…)
Screen Shot 2016-02-29 at 9.34.05 AM.png

I hope this gives you enough info to help me out. Shout if I did not make myself clear enough?

Cheers,
Annelien

I never did this before , but yes it works with cs5

but first you have to make your music into a video-file
in the tutorial it's done in Quick time :he opens a mp3 (eg song.mp3 ) and save it as a mp4 video-file (song.mp4)
you can do that also with an online convertor https://www.coolutils.com/online/MP3-to-MP4

second step = open your video file song.mp4 with cs5

third step = drag the music layer to the gif - file

Ooooops.

I looked at this earlier then completely forgot about it, sorry.

Yeah....as colleague said.

I think I used 'Open As..' to get a .wav file open....if you set the type to 'Quick Time' as colleague suggested.

This way you should be able to use the .wav file without having to convert it first.

Either way the method described above is exactly how I did it too.

Regards.
MrToM.

Back