What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Images To 'Private' Album.

MrToM

Guru
The title says it all really....how do I do this?

It was suggested to me that to post images in a PM I should create an 'Album'....this worked fine but now I can't add anything to that Album and the image I DID have in there now seems to have been deleted.

I've found the link to edit Albums but nothing to suggest I can upload images to it.
I can delete, edit the name, edit the description, edit the type....but upload to it????
There is a link to 'Upload Images' but this just takes me to the 'Attachment' list, and My 'Private' Album isn't listed in it....so....erm...????

I was hoping to use my one and only 'Album' to post an image in a PM for approval so I can post Challenge #24, but as previous images appear to have been deleted I dunno if this is a wise move?

If the system is still being updated and this is down to that then fine, in which case what's the alternate way other than creating yet another Album? (I'm assuming that would still work?)

I'd like to get the Challenge posted ASAP so any help would be appreciated.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Go to your profile, go to Albums, click on the album...

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 10.27.28 AM.png

on the new page, click on the album again....

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 10.29.32 AM.png

You should have the following options....

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 10.29.43 AM.png

Did that help?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, forgot to add...

Click the add files when the "Manage attachments" comes up...

Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at 10.36.25 AM.png

MrToM

Guru
Thanks Sam....but....

When I click on the 'Album' as in your first image this is all I get...

albums_01.png

Nothing on the left apart from the breadcrumbs is clickable.....and only the two options on the right.

'Upload photos' takes me to the 'Attachments' window but In order to Add images to a folder I need to Select that folder first THEN click the 'Add Files' button....but without the Album being in the list I can't select it.
'Edit Album' allows me to do virtually everything except upload images to it.

Ya see the problem? :banghead: LOL.

Regards.
MrTom.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Did you try the "more" button? Or is it even there as an option?

MrToM

Guru
Yes mate, I did, but clicking either the Album name or the thumbnail both take me to that exact same options panel as in my image.

All roads lead to Rome I'm afraid.

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
MrTom, did you try going ahead with the upload? Try and upload....

Hello dv8_fx, been a while!

Upload?

What upload?

I can't upload to the folder....that's the problem.

I'll try the 'delete folder, make new one' thing but only because the images I had in there now seem to have been deleted anyway but what if I had images in there I wanted to keep? What then?

I don't doubt a new folder will work flawlessly but that's not solving the problem, its a workround.

I'll see what happens and report back.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Did you try to create a new album?

Are the images still in your album? download them if they are so you can delete the album. Check you attachments for the images you had in there.......

MrToM

Guru
Ok....

1. Deleted original folder.....check.
2. Created new folder.....check.
3. Can I upload to it?.....NO.

No dice I'm afraid, same deal, exactly as my previous image....all links take me to that page with just those 2 options.

I bet you're cursing me eh? LOL.
(That bloody MrTom....nothing but a trouble maker!)

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
Are the images still in your album? download them if they are so you can delete the album. Check you attachments for the images you had in there.......

WHAT!!!!!!

Its a bit late for that! Why say delete the folder THEN save the images from it?

You're winding me up.....right?

Grrrrrr.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
You only have one album..... there's no need to select the folder to add the image via your attachment manager. It automatically goes in the only folder you have.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
WHAT!!!!!!

Its a bit late for that! Why say delete the folder THEN save the images from it?

You're winding me up.....right?

Grrrrrr.

LOL....
You said.... "the images I had in there now seem to have been deleted anyway"....

You can check your Attachment Manager for those images. It should be there even if you deleted the albums.

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
it is probably your browser blocking the ssl pop up for adding pictures I just tested it in the dark theme and it works fine.

MrToM

Guru
LOL....
You said.... "the images I had in there now seem to have been deleted anyway"....

LOL...yeah, I know....don't worry mate, it didn't work so it doesn't matter, the penguins forgive you.

it is probably your browser blocking the ssl pop up for adding pictures I just tested it in the dark theme and it works fine.

Thanks Hoogle,

Well it doesn't work in FF, and I've just tried Chrome.....still the same.
I even went as far as trying it in IE and it didn't work there either.

Not only that but I've also tried on 2 different Win7 machines, still the same.

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
I don't think so...

permissions_01.png

I don't use Chrome by default but even so...??

Anything else I could try?

Regards.
MrTom.

Hoogle

Guru
try enabling pop ups for PSG only and also try metro theme to see if it is theme related or just the site in general. do you have an anti virus or 3rd party malware/ adblock etc that could be blocking scripts running in the background. Programs like malwarebytes anti root kit may block it if it is not approved