What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding picture to steam from a train

reeksy86

hi all,

Need some advice if possible, i have a photograph of a steam train, which i am editing for my grandfather, and i wanted to add a few smaller pictures in the 'steam' from the train? Ideally i was hoping to put 3 or 4 pictures in 'clouds of steam' if that would work? open to ideas though.

What would be the best way to go about doing this?

I think i am being a bit adventurous with it, but if you dont try you never learn anything new!

I have uploaded a pic of a similar train picture, and may even use the steam from it, as it is fuller than the one i wil be using.

Appreciate your input as always.

Thanks
tornado_1250692i.jpg

Look at a lot of steamers, most will have steam coming out of the cylinders, down low, up front...Smoke will come out from the stack..Steam and smoke will be different and the white puffs are from the drive cylinders....If its moving, you will see this.

steam_train-2560x1600.jpg

Back