What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adjustments not available after Photomerge... what am I missing?

bhakti-rider

I've just enrolled in Photoshop 2020. I used to have CS6, and I find that after stitching a series of images with Photomerge, I can't make adjustments (specifically, content-aware fill or spot healing brush). It says because there are layers. I never encountered this issue in CS6, and I'm puzzled. I never delved into layers before, but I looked for a way to combine all the layers into one, but couldn't see anything like that. Can anyone help?

bhakti-rider

I've just enrolled in Photoshop 2020. I used to have CS6, and I find that after stitching a series of images with Photomerge, I can't make adjustments (specifically, content-aware fill or spot healing brush). It says because there are layers. I never encountered this issue in CS6, and I'm puzzled. I never delved into layers before, but I looked for a way to combine all the layers into one, but couldn't see anything like that. Can anyone help?

Oops: 2022, not 2020.

JeffK

Guru
To combine layers -
- Left click on the top layer of the stack you want to combine

1656700706964.png
- Hold down the Shift key and left click on the bottom layer of the stack
1656700774277.png
- Then right click and choose Merge Layers

1656701067331.png
You'll end up with a single layer combining the layers you want to merge

1656701216966.png

It won't say "merged layers" - I just changed the caption...:)