What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe- New Photoshop Upgrade -Huge

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Guys and Girls,
Creative Cloud updates are huge. I downloaded the update this morning for PS along with Illustrator, Bridge and Muse.
If you have CC, when you open the Apps to update it has the link to describe what is new.

One of the things I particularly like is that they added the Typekit like is in Illustrator and now you can see your font updated in the document as you scroll through the font list.

It has the following enhancements:[h=3]Smart Object improvements[/h][h=3]Improved Layer Comps[/h][h=3]Blur Gallery motion effects[/h][h=3]Focus Mask[/h][h=3]Improvements to Content-Aware technology[/h][h=3]Smarter Smart Guides[/h][h=3]Desktop fonts from Typekit[/h][h=3]Font Search[/h]Search for fonts by name, and see instant previews of each font to zero in on the perfect one.See how it works

[h=3]Expanded 3D printing capabilities[/h][h=3]Adobe Generator enhancements[/h][h=3]Adobe Camera Raw 8 enhancements[/h]Heal images, fix perspective distortions, and create vignettes with greater precision. Plus, access an interactive histogram, before/after previews, and more.See how it works

[h=3]Improved Windows 8.1 stylus support[/h][h=3]Expanded Mercury Graphics Engine support[/h]Upsample images up to 15 times faster (depending on file size and video card configuration) now that the Mercury Graphics Engine delivers an OpenCL performance boost. The engine powers new Blur Gallery motion effects and the Focus Mask feature, too.

[h=3]Experimental features[/h]A new preference setting allows you to test drive and help shape new Photoshop features before they’re officially released.

[h=3]Intelligent upsampling, even faster[/h]Enlarge a low-res image so it looks great in print, or start with a larger image and blow it up to poster or billboard size. Upsampling preserves detail and sharpness without introducing noise, and now you get even more immediate results thanks to an OpenCL boost from the Mercury Graphics Engine.See how it works

[h=3]Workflow Enhancements[/h]Work faster and smarter thanks to new feature enhancements throughout your workflows. Now you have access to an expanded Color Panel; you can access your most recently used brushes, sync your workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, and menu customizations with Sync Settings; and more.

[h=3]And so much more[/h]Also includes: support for very large PNG files; the ability to export 3D LUTs; support for new video formats including Sony RAW and Canon RAW; and more.See full release notes

Updates still taking place, Hugh, is right!

Yeah..it took an hour or better to upgrade PS on my DSL at 10mbps
Updates still taking place, Hugh, is right!

I have the whole package, lost track of time on how long it took but it's done. now I notice in photoshop my sample text list for viewing font is really tiny and I can't find preference to change that

I found it It's under Type - Font preview I was looking in preferences instead of the menu bar durrrr, been there done that before! :banghead:

I just discovered my plug in filters, Topaz etc didn't migrate to it. Do you know how to fix?

I got them working..thanks!

i just updated , i have a cc subscription , im only using a mid priced laptop , my internet is broadband bigpond , i can download at 1mb per second

i downloaded photoshop update , extension manager cc update and bridge update all in under five minutes

all my plugins worked , topaz labs , perfectly clear and nik collection , ran check for updates just incase it didnt work properly but it says im all up to date

i just updated , i have a cc subscription , im only using a mid priced laptop , my internet is broadband bigpond , i can download at 1mb per second

i downloaded photoshop update , extension manager cc update and bridge update all in under five minutes

You're fortunate but probably at the time iDad and the others were upgrading, so too were thousands of CC users from across all hemispheres moments after the upgrade was released- international rush hour traffic.....

Anything's possible. Like I said - all the gods, saints, angels, even your ancestors as well as leprechauns, fairies and every one imaginable or not was smiling down on you when you were upgrading.......:).

... under 5 minuites? WOW, you're blessed..........

Here's the direct download links if anybody needs them, you'll need to follow the instructions below

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-direct-download-links.html

You need to have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “resume your download” message prevent*ing the connection. So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!

1. Adobe recommends temporarily turning off any surfing restrictions you might have running, like site or cookie blocking, filtering, firewalls or antivirus software.
  2. Click «HERE» to visit this page first, before clicking any of the links in the table below – this is critical!
  3. If asked, sign in with your Adobe ID or take a minute to create one for yourself.
  4. Now close any windows that popped up and cancel any downloads that started.
  5. OK! Now you’re logged in at Adobe with the trials cookie set, so you can instantly download any of the software below. Just make sure you have enough disk space.
  6. Download the files either by clicking directly on the DDL links, or by right-clicking and choosing “Save Link As…” on the popup menu – and save all files to the same place.
  7. Then follow the product installation instructions here.

"Soy Bean on the rocks .... not shaken, not stirred"

I always thought the saying was "shaken not stirred" :rolleyes:

Back