What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects adobe premier pro, basics?

Burned Ice

Power User
Can someone give me some really basic tutorials for adobe premier pro? i can't find the split tool and others.

with kind regards,

Burned Ice

You can use the Razor tool to cut a clip into two clips, or to cut across clips in several tracks at once. Splitting a clip creates a new and separate instance of the original clip, and any linked clips. The resulting clips are full versions of the original clip, but with different In and Out points.

Do any of the following:
  • To split a single clip or linked clip, select the Razor tool and click the point in the sequence where you want to split the clip.
  • To split only the audio or video portion of linked clips, Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) with the Razor tool.
  • To split clips on targeted tracks, click the headers of the desired tracks to target them. Position the current-time indicator where you want to split the clip or clips, and choose Sequence > Razor At Current-Time Indicator.
  • To split clips on all except locked tracks, lock any track containing a clip that you don’t want to split. Shift-click with the Razor tool to split all tracks at the same point in a Timeline panel.
    If you want to change effect settings over time, you don’t need to split the clip; you can apply keyframes to a single clip instead.

thanks hoogle :) and are there any cool fx that can be added in premier pro and how can they be uploaded in after fx?

if you have after effects then do all your editing in there if you want to add cool effects hence the name after effects

fading in and out, text on the clip (not a title). i don't know how to do that

fading in is a case of adding key frames and adjusting opacity so for example you click your video clip press in fact it is easier to show you a video [video]http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/tutorials/03.Animation/[/video] if you want to learn after effects I would recommend you visit http://www.videocopilot.comwww.videocopilot.net it is where I learnt everything from there but if your just after basic editing like that then you are probably better of using sony vegas a lot easier but After effects is an amazing program once you know your way round. As for text just select the text tool and put straight on video you can also add all sorts of text animations from zoom to presets etc

Last edited:
I did a bunch of video tutorials years ago for Prenier Elements 3 on a free website. The principles are the same even though it's only for Elements and it's about 5 years old. You may find them helpful especially if you are just getting started.

Premier Elements 3 Help |

thanks guys, how* can i adjust collour at the text?

* edited ;)

on the right hand side you should see colour boxes with the text tool selected like in photoshop black and white square

oohhh there ok ;-)

tya xD

Back