What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ads Removed from Posts in Dark Theme

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
In the Dark forum theme (the default for this site) we had some ads in the first post of every thread.

While they did bring in revenue for the site, we decided to remove them so that we can display larger thumbnails of images and videos in posts. this helped in the new Video Tutorial Forum :)

I was getting use to them to the point of hardly noticing them but now that you mention it, the pages are not so busy anymore. I would be happy to donate to this site now and then via paypal to help make up a bit of the loss.......... just a bit......pockets aren't that deep lol

I found it very distracting.
The ads were covering parts of the text.

That's why I went to the Light Breeze theme instead, I actually like it better.

remove your sun glasses ...darker is easier on the eyes lol j/k

I was getting use to them to the point of hardly noticing them but now that you mention it, the pages are not so busy anymore. I would be happy to donate to this site now and then via paypal to help make up a bit of the loss.......... just a bit......pockets aren't that deep lol

I would be happy to donate as well, if it gets rid of adds then I'm all for it, but this has just given me an idea, for a site sugestion

I found it very distracting.
The ads were covering parts of the text.

That's why I went to the Light Breeze theme instead, I actually like it better.

the light forum is much better to see, so I'm sticking with it lol

In the Dark forum theme (the default for this site) we had some ads in the first post of every thread.

While they did bring in revenue for the site, we decided to remove them so that we can display larger thumbnails of images and videos in posts. this helped in the new Video Tutorial Forum :)

Any chance of removing it from the light forum style as well, also take a look at this thread :http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-gurus-site-suggestions/27422-donation-idea.html#post76109, as an idea for the loss in add rev, this may help :)

There are no ads in the posts in the light skin.... at least there shouldn't be.

I'll think about the donation idea..... maybe you could donate and get a star by your name and when you are logged in there will be no ads.... something like that?

There are no ads in the posts in the light skin.... at least there shouldn't be.

I'll think about the donation idea..... maybe you could donate and get a star by your name and when you are logged in there will be no ads.... something like that?

Hi Gaus, here is an image of the add in play:
postadds.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, for some reason it does not show for me... I'm looking into it.

it's all good, better to help get the bugs work out, than just leaving them there :)

Back