What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AE vs PS for stills

stufflol

Power User
http://ae.tutsplus.com/articles/in-depth/is-working-on-stills-easier-in-after-effects-or-photoshop/

I have used After Effects for recolorization ( Examples )and many other things on stills, I find it in some cases better that photoshop I think its mainly down to the no destructive work flow mentioned in the link above, it makes it much easier to adjust things as they are only adjustment layers.

pink-black-and-white_1920x1080_154-hd (0;00;00;00).jpgcolor restoration.jpg

I was wondering people thoughts on this and have any of you used AE on stills and if not might you be interested in trying it :p?

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
I do use after effects for still images but not anything major I will use it for removing backgrounds using the keying suite etc.

however I do most of my recolouring using photoshop via adjustment layers anyway.

and as I have some plugins primarily designed for after effects however also has photoshom compatability I can get some nice colour correction using that as well.