What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah someone knows about a Tut which will create this...

stOrM!

Get me confused a bit cauze the result is so much realistic I'll like it a lot...

I guess I have to use the Pen Tool + Pattern Fill + Bevel Emboss and drop Shadow but not really sure about it it would be great if someone knows a site which will explain how to make that Paper...

kindest regards
s!

stOrM! ... have a look at the paper curl tutorial on Mark (the Keepers) site ... click on the PSG logo top left of this page to get there
... for th 'dirty paper' try this

background layer = white
layer one = colours 30% grey and white ... then go to filter>clouds and reduce the opacity to 44% (optional - you could apply gaussian blur 24px if you wanted to)
layer two = fill with pastel yellow then reduce opacity to 15% and change to overlay

hope this helps :)

just looked at that image again .... I think I would add a very small amount of noise as well :D

Ah sounds good to me...
How would you do all the other details of the white dirty paper????

curious!

Just to make sure I am not interested in the yellow postits I know how to make them cauze of marks great tut...

Just need to know everything about the white realistic paper (all the effects how to imitate them?!)

kindest regards
s!

stOrM! .. the discoloured paper idea just 'hit' me when I read your question (I tried it first) ... but I can't really help you with the rest ... but someone here will ... the torn paper tute obviously for the top righthand corner :)

thank you anyway [excited]

It's just I love realistic stuff always...
Would be cool to have some tutorial links of realistic photoshop stuff in my browser %}

regards
s!

This is such a basic effect Storm. I want you to give this a try first yourself before any answers are provided for you. ;)

Simply examine the paper you posted, or the example i made below. Break down the look of the effect into smaller components -- colours, shapes, characteristics, etc.

It's not hard, so give it a go. :perfect:

PS: the paper image you posted looks a lot like a scan of real paper.

PS: the paper image you posted looks a lot like a scan of real paper.

Thats what I wasn't sure about cauze it looks too much realistic...
Not sure if that really could be done in PS...

For your other comment Ok I will try... Mhh but a little tip from yourself on how to do the crack in the paper?

BTW Thanx G great links! :perfect:

kindest regards
s!

Nope, no tips... just think it over and try a few ideas til it bonks you in the head. You'll do better than you expect i believe. ;)

And even though that image may be a scan, doesn't mean it can't be recreated in PS. It just so happens though i like my paper "clean". [slick]

Maybe it seems you believe in me more then I do... [confused]

regards
s!

Ah Mark! just to make sure you really will not give me any tips???

:rofl: :rofl:

:perfect: Great paper example Mark! :}

Come on stOrM! I know you can do it! ;) I have as much faith in you as Mark has! :D

[stuned] Put the weapons aside and give it a go!

Beautiful work! :perfect:

Ok Ok you're right I give it a try currently will show the result maybe today * Hell its so warm here today 35 degress [slick]

Great links ! :perfect:

Mark!
That was my first try and I came into real trouble while I was trying to recreate everything...

And if you asked me it looks so ugly to me what I did in a hurry...

1. Big problems are still to rebuild that dirty effect of the paper...
I'll looked very close at it and it seems like hand painted...

I was trying to choice the clouds filter but didn't get the wanted result [confused]

2. The cracks (sorry don't know the right word for it) you can see on the paper I was using the crystallize filter but maybe its too strong for it [confused]

3. Do I need to draw any Lines in the paper by myself? Cauze when I zoom into the original very close it looks any lines sometimes had 2 or 3 different colors [confused]

4. The cut outs he made to let the other papers shine throw the top of the paper [confused]

5. The biggest problem the effect you also did which imitate the ripped paper effect [confused]

Sorry for the bad english but this time was a bit hard to make you understand while searching for the right words because of all the effects :(

So hope you can help and guide me a little????

kindest regards
s!

Ok that's not such a bad "start" Storm.

Let's try another approach...

Type me out an itemized list of all the things you see in that paper image you first posted. Give me as much detail as you can. I want you to describe it to me with words.

You're gonna learn how to do this if it takes the rest of the summer Mr! :B B7

Huh?
You really want me to write anything down, what I think he used for all his effects I see in his picture???

Ok Mark! You want it :D

I will try my best on this list for you...

and uhm for your comment about rest of the summer...
Maybe I would say: Unless you lose your patience (which is so great) with me :D

sometimes my brain is more then complicated thinking ...

goto go now need to write the list [innocent]

kindest regards
and thank you so much!

s!

;) Oh, believe me, he's good at forcing you to learn, stOrM!... :\ been there! ;)

:} Kudos Mark for your patience... and :} I applaud your perseverence, stOrM! [excited]

Back