What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Skies

Lynny

As photographers, we often get pretty good photos with green skies, and was wondering how you would change them back to blue, we play with the Cyans in Hue and Sat, but know there must be a heap of ways to do it, and different ways for different photos.....

So here's a photo for you to try out on....

Lynn

JyNx

like this?
(Not blue but purple)
Jynx

G

Instead of retouching your shots you might want to know why the skies turn green in the first place.
I photograph a lot and I never get green skys. There most be something wrong with the camera that you're using or film if you use a 35mm camera.

Anyway, I gave this one a try.

JyNx

or maybe yellow works?[confused]

Jynx

JyNx

heres what im looking for..blue sky!

Lynny

Jynx (Not blue but purple).... I'm an expert on making the world purple.....

Gaussian So what did you do to adjust the colour..... about the reason why we get greenskies sometimes.... I have tried allsorts and can't come up with why, we have used 4 different digital cameras, and just now and again get the green skies.....always on a lovely clear sunny day, must be something to do with where we are focusing or something...

Lynny

Lynny

Ok JyNX how did you get blue....

Lynny

JyNx

I first created a layer and pasted the original picture on it.

then i made a new layer where i used the paint brush tool (blue) to sort of go over the green. Then added a gaussian blur, not too much but to make it look smoother. After that I went over the paint brushed layer with a blue-white gradient, adjusted the size (free transform) and finally I just messed with the opacity and the location to make it look realistic.

Lynny

Hey thankz JyNX you have given me a lot to try out...

Lynn

JyNx

Hey no problem...have fun!:perfect:

Most of the tecniques that I have just shown you, I have learned myself on this forum!:D

Jynx

Sanby

Power User
Hey JynX, not bad. :perfect: :perfect:

Sanby

Lynny

Will try this techique when I get some more ink for the printer.... I should have mentioned, I wanted the end result to be able to be printed, and still look ok...still look like a photo... I mean

Lynny

G

Lynny, go to image/adjustments/replace color....
That's a quick way to fix photographs like these. Play a bit with the sliders and you have your photographs fixed in seconds, including the foilage.

Good luck :perfect:

wbiss

Guru
Oops... missed this thread yesterday! :\ Anyway, looks like you got yourself enough explanations and techniques to play with Lynny! ;)

Blue skies, shining on me... nothing but blue skies, from now on! Is that the song that you're singing now, Lynny? :D