What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Align Buttons?

tranquil222

Power User
How do these align tools ever come in handy? I've never run into an instance where I had to use them. I know they're pretty handy in Illustrator but how in Photoshop? And also, most of the time, they are deactivated. I know they appear when you have the move tool active and the right group lights up when you make a selection...but when else? Any help would be much appreciated...

you can use them to align layers for example:

1/ select your layer that will serve as the one the others have to be aligned to
2/ link the layers you want to align to, to that anchor-layer
3/ press V for the move tool
4/ click them buttons!
with ctrl/cmd Z you undo (as usual)

from the layers menu>align linked you see that you also can align to a selection (yummi, yummi)

you can also align two or more selected paths. like in your drawing app. just select them with the black arrow and whoosh...military dicipline!!

have fun!

gracias erik! for some reason I knew you were the one who was going to answer this. youre awesome!

Back