What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing 3D pavement chalk paintings

WOW! thats so amazing! [saywhat] Dang that guy is good; I had to look at some of those for a while to believe they weren't standing up! :shocked:

This is not your ordinary seven year old drawings 8} that guy must have spent some time on those [excited] [honesty] [saywhat] 8} :} :) :D :B %} 8D hats off to him 8))

:rofl: :perfect: Yeah, I looked and looked (for example at that coke bottle painting) and the fx are just incredible -- it does something to your eyes trying to figure out how it can look so like it's standing up vertically, yet it's painted on the ground horizontally - whoa! 8} 8D

Boy am I glad you posted that link, Raven I've been laboring under a misapprehension that some of those were done by Kurt Wenner because some of his along with quite a few of Julian Beever's works were featured on a single site which seemed to indicate that they were the works of one artist.

http://www.kurtwenner.com/street/

Julian Beever is a wizard! 8))

:D WOW! Thanks, Welles, for posting the link to Wenner's works -- those are just spectacular too :perfect: ...would be such fun to see one of these in person, I'm sure walking around it to see the distortions required to get the 3d fx from a certain vantage viewpoint would be very fun and interesting. 8D

Geez! The first one I looked at, loked like a photoshop file over pavement, then I looked at more, and I have to say that this is WAY better than the old chalk drawings I used to do back in the 70's when I was a wee lad. Those contest judges wouldn't know how to react to something like this guys work. Totally amazing! WOW!

:rofl: :rofl: Well, the last time I put chalk to concrete I had skinned knees and played hopscotch! :rofl: These are soooo marvelous, it must be a shame to see them wear away in their transience with the weather, etc...but thank goodness there's pics of them for the rest of us to enjoy. :perfect:

Back