What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another PS Thumbnail Action

Rantin Al

Guru
I made this for a request in the PSG General board.

It creates thumbnails from user defined selections of an image.
Three aspect ratios: 4:3, 3:4, 1:1
Final sizes: 120x90, 90x120, 100x100 pixels.

Easily modified to suit custom sizes. Just needs Save destination re-recorded.
Made using PS 7on a Mac but should be OK for PC, PS 6 and CS.

It's mine and it's free to all.

Cheers, Al.

Edit: Twit, forgot to attach file. :B

Great All,

I have ask this question before, but maybe this is the rigth place.

Is it posible to make a action save the resulting image in to the same folder as the original image.

I have a action that goes trough several commands that I need to turn the JPG clients send in to cmyk tiff files. So I start with opening the jpg files and run the action. But when I put a save command in the action it includes the path to the folder that I use to make the action.

When I can make it save in the folder where the jpg's come from, I can turn it in a dropplet and save lots of time.

So I have more time left to fiddle with PS

If someone can tell me that it is absolut imposible thats ok to then I can stop looking for it.

Greetings Dirk

Mark, this post might be better suited in the Technical Query Dept, rather than in Resources. Up to you. ;)
Just found the double: General - Saving as tiff in action.
Maybe you could delete and merge.

Al.

Err? \:]

I'm not sure about that one. I don't think you can automate the destination folder as the action is working within Photoshop, not the Finder.

If you were using a Mac you could probably use Apple Script to watch the destination folder and use that to redirect the file.

One possibility would be to put in a 'Save As ..' step into the action, instead of the 'Save' step.
This would allow you to save to the original folder.

or..

Another possibility could be to include a 'Save a Copy of the Original as ..' step.
This would save a copy of the original along with the processed file to the new destination folder.

It is usually bad practice to save into the same folder as the original file to avoid the possibility of over-writing the original file.

You mention that you use the action for converting jpg to CMYK tif.
I'll guarantee that someday you will have an 'accidental' tif file which you run the action on and you will lose the original.

Maybe not a complete solution, but I hope it helps.

Cheers, Al. :)

Back