What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Application components are missing

Jwc1934

When opening an image in Photoshop CS5, I get the message that "Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory. Please reinstall the application." I did reinstall, but still get the message. Thanks for your advice.

iDad

Guru
Sounds like the registration process is expired is it a bought version or trial?

Jwc1934

Thanks for your prompt reply. It is a new purchased version installed on a new Mac with Snow Leopard. I have been using it for a couple of weeks, and just now this new thing has shown up.

iDad

Guru
When uninstalled did you use the uninstall app that comes with it?

iDad

Guru
btw i use mac also latest

Jwc1934

Thanks again. I'll try that forum. The new Macs are nice, huh? Can't believe how small it is. My IMac pretty much the size of the monitor that I had previously.
John
Jwc1934

iDad

Guru
I have the 27" imac it is pretty cool .....never used a pc started using late 80's

Jwc1934

Photoshop reinstall

I started using Photoshop on a Mac about 1995. I'm retired now and mostly use it for pleasure, working on old family photos, etc. I'm thinking I might try do some restoration and retouching locally.

Regarding the Photoshop, I can now open images with no problem, except for screen shots. I can work around that by opening the screen shot in Preview, saving it as a TIFF, and then opening in Photoshop. Thanks again for your suggestions.
John