What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are We There Yet

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Are we?
Of course not, but we'll have to move to survive as a species...

A1.jpg A2.jpg PixelSquid A3.jpg

to get

Are We There Yet.jpg

PixelSquid stuff is nice when wanting to use a reflection.
I wont renew my subscription because actually I do not use it much and its way too expensive then...

Now give it to me...

Last edited:
Nice! really cool and well done! the only one thing that seems a little bit off is that Nasa patch with the wrinkles on the cloth i dont think it will be that perrfect circle, maybe a little too sharp too.

Cheers!

Thanks Ged,

It feels good to do composites again.
This one was done in one hour or so, nothing special, just you know...

I'll have to reconsider my renewal to PixelSquid because the first payed year was, as an early user, $20.
Now instead of paying $119.88 for one year I still can have that year subscription for $69.
I'll have to think this over...

Nice! really cool and well done! the only one thing that seems a little bit off is that Nasa patch with the wrinkles on the cloth i dont think it will be that perrfect circle, maybe a little too sharp too. Cheers!

Thanks Argos,

There's a lot of Nasa logo's available so I downloaded a png and applied it with a displacement map.
If you look closely you'll see that the logo has the wrinkles too...

Thanks Argos,

There's a lot of Nasa logo's available so I downloaded a png and applied it with a displacement map.
If you look closely you'll see that the logo has the wrinkles too...

I saw the wrinkles on the logo, what mean is that with those wrinkles i dont think the logo would keep the shape (circle), maybe i'm wrong but it's the impression that give me.

I saw the wrinkles on the logo, what mean is that with those wrinkles i dont think the logo would keep the shape (circle), maybe i'm wrong but it's the impression that give me.

That is depending of the view angle.
In this case you have an almost right-angled view on the back of that person.
I traced the wrinkles in green.
At close view I feel the displacement map did his job without exaggeration.

But that's my opinion...

Untitled-1.jpg

I made a fast visual attempt of what i mean, it's really hard to know exactly how it would be takking into account perspective, angle, human shape or maybe i just paranoic all the time :rofl:

Are We There Yet2.jpg A3f.jpg

Ah, yes, but in the right image a displacement map was not used, the logo is in multiply blend mode. You can see the wrinkles but the logo doesn't take shape on the wrinkles.
Here's the sam, first image with logo in multiply mode and the second with displacement map and multiply.
On the second image you see the contour of the logo being distorted by the wrinkles.
It is minimal but visible. That overall wasn't a towel thrown in a corner causing a heap of wrinkles...

multiply and displacement.jpg

As i always i blame my bad inglish but not what i mean i love what you did with the wrinkles on the logo, its the shape of the circle, perspective, angle etc what i see i little bit odd, for example the guy is turned but the word Nasa and the circle in your image is like the guy was looking at front ,and what i mean with the shape of the perfect circle i think i would try to explain with and example because i dont know how to say it :biglaff:.

Imagine the same outfit is weared by your guy then another guy fatter and other guy skinnier i dont think the shape of that circle will remain the same i assume would adapt to strech and human shape even the posture the guy is making doens't it?

:cheesygrin:
In my latest example I did a quick job just to make a point about the displacement so yes I agree, the perspective isn't correct.
But in my original you can see how I applied the logo in a way it should be, by using guidelines with reference points the shoulder seems of the overall.
And since we see the person almost right-angled, there's little distortion.
By the way, if his overall would be tight there wouldn't be any wrinkles...:biglaff:

Untitled-1.jpg

I think this prove that you decided the position and shape of the logo only based on height

Last edited:
I think I've lost you there...
I decided to place him a logo on his back and to make it fit as good as possible and the use of a displacement map.
I used guidelines to align the logo as natural as possible.

It's normal you lost me.... with my inglish i imagine is like speak to a 5 years old :rofl:

Let me try to make another visual example with the last image you post.

If you look at the image as 3d the guidelines for the word nasa (same for the circle) cant be a straight line in paralel to the soulders it should be adapted to the shape,angle, form, position of the subject.

Example not calculated XD
Untitled-1f.jpg

Last edited:
I like this one a lot Lambert!

Great composite with good use of this interesting spaceship interior.
The reflections are very nicely done!

I would straighten the horizon slightly...but maybe this is just my personal preference.

Back