What's new

Auction site rip offs.

Again i found another of my works being sold on an auction site, I also found canvas prints of images being sold that are in the public domain that anybody can download and get it printed pretty cheaply, Some people are making a fortune out of ripping people off, The auction site doesn't care, and ask you to jump through hoops before they will investigate the person selling it, all because of money and image of the site. In some cases its almost impossible to prove your the original artist,

Does anyone know of how to combat this ?, or at least put the word out about the auction site without getting sued. How do you copyright your images ? there has to be a way somehow ?, People are losing money because of the cheap prints being offered on the auction sites.

If anyone can help or advise, much appreciated, thank you.

Eggy

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Forum Moderator
Alan, I believe some attorneys don't charge you for a first time advice.
I would start there and hear what you can do...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Alan, sorry to hear about this! I've been there and done that!

Does anyone know of how to combat this ?
As we have discussed previously, remove your work from the internet.

at least put the word out about the auction site without getting sued.
I would do this anyway. Let them sue you! Who's going to win that case?

How do you copyright your images ?
Your images are already copyrighted upon creation..........there's really nothing more you can do.

there has to be a way somehow ?
Yes there is, remove your work from the internet.

You are going through the same situation that I went through. Bottom line is to never place work that you DO NOT WANT STOLEN on the internet. On the world wide web you lose!