What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatically resizing image after cropping

dilly

I must have accidentally changed a setting as now, after I crop an image, I appears much smaller and when I try to resize it back it's very distorted. How can I fix this?

Sounds like you are just looking at the image from different zoom ratio's. Cropping an image will not change the size.

Hey dilly, I'm sure the responses above didn't remedy your situation, as they clearly misunderstood. I had this same issue and actually thought it was a glitch in my system until I read your post about changing a setting, which got me looking for something "off." As it turns out, when the crop tool is selected, if any dimensions are entered into the width or height (or both) in the crop toolbar (set below the main file menu by default), the image will be cropped and resized to those dimensions. You won't believe how much hell this caused for me! I resorted to flattening my completed image and cropping in Microsoft Paint, of all things. Glad I came across your post and got my issue resolved, and I hope you read this and get your issue resolved. Cheers!

Back