What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back Into Manipulation!

Gaussian said:
'm not so sure about the bird though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same (the bird didn't go exactly good there), but without it, things don't seem right.

- Al

Alistair said:
Yeah, I was thinking the same (the bird didn't go exactly good there), but without it, things don't seem right.

Try a different bird, consider a different location or consider colorizing the bird.?
Even better, use 3 smaller birds (white), but don?t place them in the center. What ever you do, don?t add anything that moves the main focus away from the woman. It?s also a common rule in photography (and not just photography) not to compete with the main subject, unless intentionally.
That's why a lot of professional photographers will say: "It's not important what you put in, it's what you leave out".

Attached is a rough sketch in which direction you might consider going.

Also understand that you don't always need objects to make an image complete. Color, light, shadows, depth, etc, these are all elements that can really have a major effect on an image.

Also don't forget the rule of thirds; actually it's a guideline, but it doesn't mean that you should ignore it too much. Learn to understand what makes a photograph work and you'll make it yourself a lot easier to make effective compositions. Sadly too many Photoshop users ignore these basic rules of composition,

Right now you might wonder Al what I'm talking about? If that's the case then do yourself a favor and read some of these really good articles Al; http://photoinf.com/? (I've recommended that site many times)

Btw Al, make sure you read this thread:

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/index.php?topic=7804.0 :)

Gaussian said:
Try a different bird, consider a different location or consider colorizing the bird.
Even better, use 3 smaller birds (white), but don?t place them in the center. What ever you do, don?t add anything that moves the main focus away from the woman. It?s also a common rule in photography (and not just photography) not to compete with the main subject, unless intentionally.
That's why a lot of professional photographers will say: "It's not important what you put in, it's what you leave out".

Attached is a rough sketch in which direction you might consider going.

Also understand that you don't always need objects to make an image complete. Color, light, shadows, depth, etc, these are all elements that can really have a major effect on an image.

Also don't forget the rule of thirds; actually it's a guideline, but it doesn't mean that you should ignore it too much. Learn to understand what make a photograph work and you'll have make it yourself a lot easier to make compositions like this. Too many ignore these basic rules of composition in digital design.

Right now you might wonder Al what I'm talking about? If that's the case then do yourself a favor and read some of these really good articles Al; http://photoinf.com/ (I've recommended that site many times)

Btw Al, make sure you read this thread:

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/index.php?topic=7804.0

I understand what you are talking about; I took Multimedia Design and Intro to Art at the local college. Thanks for reminding me Gaussian.
We can't hotlink to image servers like photobucket? [confused]

Alistair said:
I understand what you are talking about; I took Multimedia Design and Intro to Art at the local college.? Thanks for reminding me Gaussian.

Everbody can take courses, it's how you bring it into pratice Al. ;)

Gaussian said:
What's the confusion ( [confused] ) emoticon for? \:/

That third-party server, Photobucket, will be alive for quite a long time if not forever so is photobucketing a image onto this forum not allowed?

Hey, I kinda like it, Al. Although I agree with gaussian - the bird should go. ?:perfect:
We can't hotlink to image servers like photobucket?
Couldn't we do both, gaussian? Post an image here and an off-site link to a hi-res version?

Alistair said:
That third-praty server, Photobucket, will be alive for quite a long time if not forever

Al, lots of companies have disappeared on the internet and beyond and some of them were 10,000 times more important than Photobucket.? :\

I'm not going to explain again why I don't want to see a direct link, because I already did that in that thread. Do understand (and I repeat it again); I do it for the community, not for myself. And the community is more than just a handful of people and also understand that we have tens of thousands of people every year browsing the forum who don't even become a member. I even care about them, that's just the way I am.
Actually I have more work because of this rule, but quite obviously that's not what you wanted to read in that thread.? ?\:/

p?tr??k said:
Couldn't we do both, gaussian? Post an image here and an off-site link to a hi-res version?

I have no problem with that al all. I find it actually a great idea, as long as the link to the larger image isn't one with
tags.

I just don't want to have threads that have 50 posts or so become totally useless because of a missing image.

I have no problem with that al all. I find it actually a great idea, as long as the link to the larger image isn't one with
tags.
Ok, np. :)

dv8_fx said:
Hmmmm. I only got to see this now. Nice work, Al. I agree with the comment of the bird deviating the focus from the main subject.

Yeah, I'm going to work on that :)

Back