What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Background Question

pissupoosa

Hell All,
I have image as shown below. In that you can see that there is a white line between the background and image . How to remove that one ?

Photo.png

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Pissupoosa (Nice name!)

If each head is a different layer you can simply use the eraser tool - if not you can use the clone stamp

Cheers

Then I would just use the clone stamp on the b/ground - Is the original image this low res?

This is the original image. I have background in my web page and trying to place the image just above the background

Create a layer out of the background image.... usinf the wand selection tool select the grey and delete. Then in the MENU>LAYER>MATTING... choose either REMOVE WHITE MATTE or DEFRINGE (about 2pixels)....... hope it helps.

Just get right in on it and use the clone stamp on the grey area to go over the white outline - I would show you but haven't got PS in work sorry :-(

Hi DV8_fx,

Is that an option in one of the newer PS versions?

No probs thanks! Im still using Photoshop 7 ! Only recently rekindled my love affair with all things PS - Hopefully I'll get with the times and down with the big boys and update soon! Lol

Cheers

I don't mean to rush you.... but when CS2came out and I was still on PS7. And when I decided to upgrade to CS3, I was overwhelmed by the quantum leap. Took me awhile before I could catch up. There are a lot of things I still don't know about CS3 let alone CS4... oiiiii.....

Which is why I keep PS7 on my secondary computer just in case.......

Last edited:
Really? I thought the newer ones would be just the same with a few bells and whistles added here and there! In that case I will have to get my skates on - Will have a look at the free trial and hopefully get a newer version soon to avoid being left behind!

Thanks

Basically, the basic controls and options are there. What makes it intimidating are the new additions, USER interface, pallette options, as well as the new add-ons.... 3D import and rendering (which hawkeye pointed out - and I didn't know that until recently - but I still prefer doing it in a 3d apps ) , Image ready is incorporated into PS , etc. etc..

All in all , PS is more user friendly, I would say. But it's intimidating.... like you moved from flying a sopwith camel to an F4.......

CS5 has some amazing edge refining tools that are great for cutting out things like hair. Just an FYI if you have an opportunity to upgrade skip everything else and jump to CS5 its worth the move.

CS5 has some amazing edge refining tools that are great for cutting out things like hair. Just an FYI if you have an opportunity to upgrade skip everything else and jump to CS5 its worth the move.

That I may have to agree... if we were to take into account the stability and quality of the "ODDS and EVEN versions.".........

And the logic of why get 3 when 5 (the latest) is available.

Back