What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation Batch Collating

Craig Artzner

The name of this thread best describes what I'm trying to do. At work I am responsible for thousands of images so I'm looking for ways to work more efficiently. I have Photoshop CS3.

A big part of my job is combining two images of the same product into one picture. I've searched for a way in Photoshop to somehow automate this type of action but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.

I have used the actions tool to automate an action that allows me to paste whatever single image is on my clipboard to several files at a time but nothing that will allow me to collate different images in the same way. Is there an easy way to do this or am I doomed to combine these images one-by-one?

taiterd

What effect or purpose for combining?

Please clarify what you want your finished product to be. Are you trying to do a HDR (High Dynamic Range) image. Where u have several exposures of the same image that you want to combine? Or are they product shots that you are trying to merge? If you are trying to do the former there is software plugins that work very well and photoshop has HDR automation too.

hawkeye

Guru
It's a bit difficult to explain here, but check variables and data sets in the help files, see if that will work for you.

Craig Artzner

Please clarify what you want your finished product to be. Are you trying to do a HDR (High Dynamic Range) image. Where u have several exposures of the same image that you want to combine? Or are they product shots that you are trying to merge? If you are trying to do the former there is software plugins that work very well and photoshop has HDR automation too.
It would be product shots I'm trying to merge. One image would be a large main image, the second would be a smaller version (different angle) in the upper left corner.

These images will ultimately be put into a 360 viewer with both large and small images rotating/spinning in unison via the same trigger mechanism.