What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch rotating

fotobill

When I use a digital camera most of the photos are taken with the camera vertical. So when I transfer them to the computer I have to rotate the images 90%. Is there a way in Photoshop 6 to rotate a group of images automatically? Sometimes there may be 50 or more to rotate.

Thanks, Bill

Hi and welcome to the board fotobill :perfect:

About your question; yes it is possible.

Go to file / automate / batch

Under the option play you can select an action that you can use to rotate an image and save it.

You first will need to create this action.
Go to the actions pallete (if it's not visible, click on windows / actions). You then have to create a new action (kind of macro) that will rotate your shots 90 degrees and save them. Check out the manual to find out how to record actions. It would take me too long to explain all this in great detail.

Good luck ;)

Hello fotobill,

Gaussian took good care of you, batch processing is the best solution.

just to let you know in some cases if you're using PS 7.0. you can rotate from within the file browser window in PS 7.

The curved arrow icon at the bottom of the file broswer window will rotate selected image 90 CW.
now to rotarte a batch of images hold down Ctrl (command) and select/click on the images you like rotate and then click the rotation icon.
to rotate 90CCW hold down Alt (option) wile clicking the rotation icon.

Remember to save the rotated file after opening it from the file browser window.

hope its useful.

Ammar

Yes, almost forgot that trick Ammar, thanks for reminding me again :D

Welcome aboard fotobill! Not only did you quickly get your answer, I learned a couple of things here myself! :) Enjoy your stay!

Back