What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Saving to .PNG w/o Losing Canvas Pixel Dimension

Krungle

Hi everyone, I introduced myself in a former thread. Name is Katie. I'm not new to Photoshop but am new to the more murky world of saving formats for various uses, printing, etc. I am in grad school, we're between semesters, and of all things they haven't really talked about saving! This week I was freelancing and saving to .JPG and .PNG, multiple images.

Problem:
I edited 150 images of product for a retail website on photoshopCS6. Company requires three sizes: two in .jpg, one in .png. Each image was in its own layer, in a group folder; a drop shadow effect was applied to the whole folder. For ea size requirement, I changed the canvas, resized all images at once to fit within it and ran the script.

I was able to run the Script on PS to batch save the .jpgs, and they RETAINED their canvas pixel dimensions in each image (700x525; 170x170). When I ran the same script to PNG-24, it worked but it DID NOT retain the canvas size and they were all wildly different.

I did some research, and found that people had to install script fixes to do this. I installed Dr. Russell's script for Image Processor Pro that should work in PS and Bridge. I tried it, still didn't work to retain size of PNGs. Am I simply using it wrong? Is that the only way to batch save certain file formats?

Because the images were due this morning, I individually saved every png ("save as" not "web/Devices") to ensure they were all 300x350.

I need to know there's a better way to do this for all other file formats, so I don't have to painstakingly save each image.

Hi Krugle, you can create an action for the resize and save, basically just record the steps you went through with each individual file (window menu, actions) then run a Batch automation using that action (file menu, automate). Once you have the action created you could also save that action as a droplet (file menu, automate) then all you would need to do is to drag your images onto that droplet on your desktop.

George

Back